Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very much on point!
https://eitr545824759.wordpress.com/2023...shemozzle/
Yep we are all going to regret getting National back in again, where are everyone's memories who voted for them?
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Focused on their property values I suspect.
I find Gerard Otto heavy going. His heart's in the right place but he does tend to overwrite and clutter up his remarks with irrelevant asides, often deriding someone's appearance in a childish way. At least he seems to have stopped the arch "amusing" nicknames that made wading through his prose even harder.

Give me David Slack any day! He's succinct, heartfelt and very funny.
"National. The best government money can buy"....

Seen on a fence the other day.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I think its going to be a good stable government and the good news is that winston Peter's and Dave Seymour appear to be getting on well with each other.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(11-11-2023, 10:28 AM)harm_less Wrote: https://eitr545824759.wordpress.com/2023...shemozzle/

In 2017 there was no completed coalition agreement until 12 days after the election was finalized- we are on day 7.

(11-11-2023, 06:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "National. The best government money  can buy"....

Seen on  a fence the other day.

I understand Chris Hipkins has signed up to do some reality TV to boost his image.

Though being on The Biggest Loser may not be the best option.....
(11-11-2023, 07:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 10:28 AM)harm_less Wrote: https://eitr545824759.wordpress.com/2023...shemozzle/

In 2017 there was no completed coalition agreement until 12 days after the election was finalized- we are on day 7.
Never mind that the likely outcome of the special vote count was obvious to most of New Zealand a couple of days after the election so Luxon has has weeks to put his ducks in a row but still hasn't.
(11-11-2023, 08:02 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: In 2017 there was no completed coalition agreement until 12 days after the election was finalized- we are on day 7.
Never mind that the likely outcome of the special vote count was obvious to most of New Zealand a couple of days after the election so Luxon has has weeks to put his ducks in a row but still hasn't.

You're funny.
Wasn't that a childhood saying? ' You're funny and your Mum.....'

I think Mr Luxon is getting a bit of a wake up call regarding herding cats. I almost feel sorry for him.
(11-11-2023, 07:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I think its going to be a good stable government and the good  news is that winston Peter's and Dave Seymour appear to be getting on well with each other.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

(12-11-2023, 08:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Wasn't that a childhood saying? ' You're funny and your Mum.....'

I think Mr Luxon is getting a bit of a wake up call regarding herding cats. I almost feel sorry for him.

Nah - he's a politician, he put himself there, silly boy... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)