Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cd to PC playback problem
I have ripped one of my cds to my Win11 PC.  It would appear that when I play a cd, the cd is automatically copied to c:/Users/Bryan/music. From here, if I play the music, it plays in the Windows Media Player. I would for my own reasons prefer to play the music in the Films & TV app. I have no idea how I can do this. Is it a matter of changing something to do this or would I be better off trying to rip the cd again in another way?
right click one of the files
select Open With
select Choose Another App
Select Films & TV
Always
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Playing a music CD shouldn't copy  / Rip the files to your PC, unless its been set to do that.

If you want to play with a different program than WMP, right click a track, Open With - Select the player.

Not to sure if Films & TV app will play Music, its a different format and as far I Know know not designed to.
Edited: just tried to add a music Folder/files to Films and TV - Wont recognize the files, as not videos.

Normally if you want to rip a Music Cd ( unless its been copy protected) heres how:
Rip CD W11

There are many different CD ripping software, better than WMP.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Just used the awkwardly named fre:ac for the first time today. Did a good job ripping and detected the external drive (unlike EAC).
(12-11-2023, 02:09 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Not to sure if Films & TV app will play Music, its a different format and as far I Know know not designed to.
Edited: just tried to add a music Folder/files to Films and TV - Wont recognize the files, as not videos.

A very good point...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-11-2023, 04:02 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 02:09 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Not to sure if Films & TV app will play Music, its a different format and as far I Know know not designed to.

A very good point...

As an alternative to Wmp  I use KMPlayer, or Daum pot Player  and VLC to play music and videos. All work well.
Thank you all. I've gone with SMPlayer which seems to do all I want. Plays both video and audio files and can be set to play contents of a Folder from start to end. I will continue to use the Windows Film & TV App but I did read that MS were thinking of removing this sometime in the future.