Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Back to the arrogance of the National Party
and its stale pale males.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/502...born-rival

No self awareness or capacity for self analysis there.
I do have other cameras!
Oh well, even the stupid deserve representation I guess. Stale, pale, and as thick as two planks.
They're so far out of touch that they just really do not get it, do they; not the least idea. If they had then he couldn't have made such an utterly crass remark.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's the old boy network they still believe that their outlook and way of behaving in the business world is still relevant, and business-wise it still is.

Take a look at Old Boys of Christs College who are in important positions.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-11-2023, 11:58 AM)zqwerty Wrote: It's the old boy network they still believe that their outlook and way of behaving in the business world is still relevant, and business-wise it still is.

Take a look at Old Boys of Christs College who are in important positions.

Nah, think I'll pass!

That reminds me though; some years ago I sold something from our final art school exhibition & the chap who bought it  tuned out to be from one of those schools, can't recall which one but it was the only time I've ever been asked what school I went to! Which wasn't quite as bad as it sounds - we were roughly the same age so it was an attempt to see if we had any friends/acquatainces in common.

I really think its time we did away with private schools; keep those same high standards but in every school &  lose the elitist BS.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
But that's what it's all about for them, being able to predict what others will do based on background which you know because they all went to the same type of school.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-11-2023, 03:49 PM)zqwerty Wrote: But that's what it's all about for them, being able to predict what others will do based on background which you know because they all went to the same type of school.

Yeah - the same elitist nonsense from the UK, & USA which we do not need here. The 'wealthy mates'  who look after each other but have no scruples when it comes to exploiting those who are worse off, or in some way different to themselves.

I've become convinced that having too much money is as bad for humans as is having too little money. Perhaps what's needed is an income floor & ceiling, so no one has too much or too little.

It seems David Seymour wants to be deputy leader because his party got more votes than Winston first did...should be absolutely fascinating to see what Winnie does... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(21-11-2023, 06:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It seems David Seymour wants to be deputy leader because his party got more votes than Winston first did...should be absolutely fascinating to see what Winnie does... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
And to top it off Luxon has now stated that deputy Prime Minister is only a ceremonial position. Let's see how he walks back on that view after he gets rolled as leader.
(21-11-2023, 07:59 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-11-2023, 06:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It seems David Seymour wants to be deputy leader because his party got more votes than Winston first did...should be absolutely fascinating to see what Winnie does... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
And to top it off Luxon has now stated that deputy Prime Minister is only a ceremonial position. Let's see how he walks back on that view after he gets rolled as leader.

Do you think Nicola Willis would do it...?  Rolleyes Big Grin

She does rather remind me of Ruth Richardson.
Horrible, horrible thought - that would be the stuff of nightmares, surely!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...2#cxrecs_s

"Asked on AM if he was open to the possibility of two deputy prime ministers, Seymour said many people had speculated about that idea, but he hadn't given it much thought.

"I don't talk about what I want, I talk about how we're going to achieve for the people that put us there," Seymour said.

"Just remember, the reason we're here is that people voted for change in huge numbers, because life's not very affordable, streets aren't very safe, the country's never felt more divided. Those are going to be the things we're going to be turning to very rapidly," Seymour said. "

And frankly, if any damn fool actually thinks that ACT & National in govt will improve that, then they've got another think coming.
It seems Nicola Willis won't be deputy leader... what with it being deemed 'ceremonial' by their glorious leader, it was probably just a matter of time till she was given the elbow.

What a lot of words to say nothing much....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...luxon-says

Luxon was asked with Willis out of the running for deputy PM, why it is taking so long to choose between Peters and Seymour. 

"I'm not going to go into any of the detail. You know, I've said from day one, I will work in good faith and good will with the respective leaders in the room. And I know that's been challenging at times ... what we're trying to do is make sure we do that in a constructive way.

"You know, we've we've gone through this process with tremendous professionalism. I think we've gone through it very constructively. You know, MMP is the system that we work with in New Zealand... And when you look at how MMP works around the world, and you think about the duration of time it takes to form governments and other MMP environments. 

"I think we've made tremendous progress and the fact that we have agreed and aligned a policy program that all three parties can support is a fantastic achievement. processes is really important and the fact that we've largely resulted in ministerial appointments and responsibilities is great," he said.  "
(22-11-2023, 02:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It seems Nicola Willis won't be deputy leader... what with it being deemed 'ceremonial' by their glorious leader, it was probably just a matter of time till she was given the elbow.

What a lot of words to say nothing much....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...luxon-says

Luxon was asked with Willis out of the running for deputy PM, why it is taking so long to choose between Peters and Seymour. 

"I'm not going to go into any of the detail. You know, I've said from day one, I will work in good faith and good will with the respective leaders in the room. And I know that's been challenging at times ... what we're trying to do is make sure we do that in a constructive way.

"You know, we've we've gone through this process with tremendous professionalism. I think we've gone through it very constructively. You know, MMP is the system that we work with in New Zealand... And when you look at how MMP works around the world, and you think about the duration of time it takes to form governments and other MMP environments. 

"I think we've made tremendous progress and the fact that we have agreed and aligned a policy program that all three parties can support is a fantastic achievement. processes is really important and the fact that we've largely resulted in ministerial appointments and responsibilities is great," he said.  "

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...n-thursday

"Peters: Negotiations over

NZ First leader Winston Peters has held an impromtu press conference, telling reporters that he is not still negotiating.

He said they were "not trying to be difficult".

Uh huh - & apparently, I really am Marie of Romania... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Winston really is leading them a merry dance. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(22-11-2023, 10:21 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(21-11-2023, 07:59 PM)harm_less Wrote: And to top it off Luxon has now stated that deputy Prime Minister is only a ceremonial position. Let's see how he walks back on that view after he gets rolled as leader.

Do you think Nicola Willis would do it...?  Rolleyes Big Grin

She does rather remind me of Ruth Richardson.
I didn't have any of the Nat's in mind in particular but I'm sure once things start getting difficult in trying to hold the coalition together Luxon's leadership will be challenged, possibly in conjunction with a snap election. 

This will be a very difficult government to direct, particularly for a leader as politically inexperienced as Luxon and I'm sure it won't be long before there's 'blood on the floor'. New Zealand is in line for a turbulent 3 years, or less.
The only answers that National have is putting more money in the bank accounts of their businessmen voters, and having done that, declaring that all is ok in the world except that beneficiaries are ripping off the system.
(23-11-2023, 05:49 PM)zqwerty Wrote: The only answers that National have is putting more money in the bank accounts of their businessmen voters, and having done that, declaring that all is ok in the world except that beneficiaries are ripping off the system.

Indeed - and they must be punished!  Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin