Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argentina's new President, far right, animal lover...
And apparently only slightly insane..."El loco' isn't the most encouraging of nicknames for any leader.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/n...-stand-for

"Gedan believed there would be “a lot of buyer’s remorse in Argentina” if Milei pursued even a small fraction of his ideas. Those ideas include legalising the sale of human organs, dramatically slashing social spending, downplaying the crimes of Argentina’s 1976-83 dictatorship, and cutting ties with Argentina’s two most important trade partners, Brazil and China. On the campaign trail, Milei vowed to abolish Argentina’s central bank and dollarise the economy, and brandished a chainsaw intended to symbolise ferocious cuts he believes will help stabilise the economy and “exterminate” rampant inflation.

Milei’s biography suggests some of those ideas may have come from his five cloned mastiff dogs who are named after economists including Murray Rothbard and Robert Lucas. “They are like two metres tall, they weigh like 100kg … He calls them his four-legged children,” said Lemoine, laughing off claims that Argentina’s future leader takes political advice from those animals.

Many experts believe Milei will be forced to moderate after taking power next month and will struggle to implement his more controversial proposals. Milei’s party controls just 38 of 257 seats in Argentina’s lower house and eight of 72 in the senate.

But on Sunday night Milei showed little sign of diluting his vision for South America’s second largest economy. “The changes this country needs are drastic,” he declared, announcing Trumpian plans to make Argentina great again."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Quote:Milei’s party controls just 38 of 257 seats in Argentina’s lower house and eight of 72 in the senate.
More of a lame duck... How the heck did he even get into power?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-11-2023, 09:21 PM)king1 Wrote:
Quote:Milei’s party controls just 38 of 257 seats in Argentina’s lower house and eight of 72 in the senate.
More of a lame duck... How the heck did he even get into power?
The same could be said of Trump. Frightening what political ructions social dissatisfaction can deliver.
(23-11-2023, 08:27 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(22-11-2023, 09:21 PM)king1 Wrote: More of a lame duck... How the heck did he even get into power?
The same could be said of Trump. Frightening what political ructions social dissatisfaction can deliver.

Dogs are right. Humans are nuts. Rolleyes Big Grin

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts."
John Steinbeck
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)