Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the coalition will be saying in 18 months...

I do have other cameras!
Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Typical far left mindset in that cartoon, like we really need to blow more money to get ahead?
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(27-11-2023, 09:47 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Typical far left mindset in that cartoon, like we really need to blow more money to get ahead?

Well, from your far right position, anything sane looks "far left".
I do have other cameras!
(28-11-2023, 06:05 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(27-11-2023, 09:47 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Typical far left mindset in that cartoon, like we really need to blow more money to get ahead?

..... does not that also apply to the guys on the left. Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(28-11-2023, 06:05 AM)Praktica Wrote:

And your far left position is OK is it?
There is good reason NZ kicked out labour, just remember that.
Everyone had a gutsfull of them, even so much that some voters jumped ship to the greens.
Biggest looser in this election was labour - period.
And no matter what part of the political spectrum you are on, labor lost to the whole lot.
(02-12-2023, 08:13 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(28-11-2023, 06:05 AM)Praktica Wrote: Well, from your far right position, anything sane looks "far left".

And your far left position is OK is it?
Everyone had a gutsfull of them, even so much that some voters jumped ship to the greens.
And no matter what part of the political spectrum you are on, labor lost to the whole lot.

And the reason why they were kicked out is due to their utter failure to address poverty here by removing Neo Liberalism.
 And since Right wing govts have a history of, as far as possible either totally ignoring or actively worsening conditions for those on low incomes, there's a high chance that this may well be a one term govt, when it is understood that yer again, they're going to  pander to the wealthy while ignoring everyone else.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-12-2023, 10:25 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 08:13 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: And your far left position is OK is it?

And the reason why they were kicked out is due to their utter failure to address poverty here by removing Neo Liberalism.
 And since Right wing govts have a history of, as far as possible either totally ignoring or actively worsening conditions for those on low incomes, there's a high chance that this may well be a one term govt, when it is understood that yer again, they're going to  pander to the wealthy while ignoring everyone else.

If thats the case, neither govt is suitable.
People have a short memory should that ever happen
But lest we forget the damage Jacinda had done to this country, but it appears Luxon and his team are actually united in undoing the damage, so that's something.
(02-12-2023, 05:35 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 10:25 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:   And the reason why they were kicked out is due to their utter failure to address poverty here by removing Neo Liberalism.

If thats the case, neither govt is suitable.
But lest we forget the damage Jacinda had done to this country, but it appears Luxon and his team are actually united in undoing the damage, so that's something.

Fgs - the very last thing that lot will do is eradicate poverty!  It works extremely well for them, to have a group (not too small, not too large) of those whose lives are a constant struggle since they're often trotted out as being to blame for whatever our politicians fancy - usually crime.

Even right wing politicians know too well that poverty often leads to crime, but its far more convenient to simply lock people up while pointing out how they've 'got tough on crime' to show themselves in the best possible light, rather than addressing actual causes, rather than using other methods which work well elsewhere in reducing the crime rate.

Really, the 'damage Jaicnda did to this country??!'

While steadfastly ignoring damage done by former National leaders... Rolleyes Big Grin
Or former Labour leaders - we have Lange and his crew to blame for Neo Liberalism.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(02-12-2023, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 05:35 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: If thats the case, neither govt is suitable.

While steadfastly ignoring damage done by former National leaders... Rolleyes Big Grin

must be talking about the 20,000+ lives saved from her covid response, or maybe the 150,000 jobs saved from the wage subsidy...  I guess...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(02-12-2023, 07:01 PM)king1 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Really, the 'damage Jaicnda did to this country??!'

must be talking about the 20,000+ lives saved from her covid response, or maybe the 150,000 jobs saved from the wage subsidy...  I guess...

They're going to go some way to reversing that by encouraging cigarette smoking, and ensuring unemployment rises.
I do have other cameras!
(03-12-2023, 08:20 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 07:01 PM)king1 Wrote: must be talking about the 20,000+ lives saved from her covid response, or maybe the 150,000 jobs saved from the wage subsidy...  I guess...

They're going to go some way to reversing that by encouraging cigarette smoking, and ensuring unemployment rises.

You ask what the coalition will be saying in 18 months... here's my thoughts

"Thank God we got rid of most of those stupid Labour/Green party numpties"   Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(02-12-2023, 06:30 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Or former Labour leaders - we have Lange and his crew to blame for Neo Liberalism.

As I've pointed out many, many times both Labour and National are to blame for the present situation. If either party had a vestige of social conscience, they'd put aside the idiotic petty differences & work together to get things back to a more equal footing. 
But they haven't so they won't. 

Bloody politicians. Dodgy

(03-12-2023, 08:20 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 07:01 PM)king1 Wrote: must be talking about the 20,000+ lives saved from her covid response, or maybe the 150,000 jobs saved from the wage subsidy...  I guess...

You do have to wonder whether any of them happen to own an undertakers firm... Rolleyes
(02-12-2023, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 05:35 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: If thats the case, neither govt is suitable.

Fgs - the very last thing that lot will do is eradicate poverty!  It works extremely well for them, to have a group (not too small, not too large) of those whose lives are a constant struggle since they're often trotted out as being to blame for whatever our politicians fancy - usually crime.

Even right wing politicians know too well that poverty often leads to crime, but its far more convenient to simply lock people up while pointing out how they've 'got tough on crime' to show themselves in the best possible light, rather than addressing actual causes, rather than using other methods which work well elsewhere in reducing the crime rate.

Labour and national are both bad in their own ways
It's time we bought something different to the table and that's why new zealand first and act are some fresh air for once.
Ahhh yes, and gods help you if te Pati Maori and my Greens ever get together...
(05-12-2023, 07:06 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Labour and national are both bad in their own ways
It's time we bought something different to the table and that's why new zealand first and act are some fresh air for once.
It would seem that fresh air is very unlikely to be the result of the coalitions environmentally ignorant policies.
(05-12-2023, 07:06 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Fgs - the very last thing that lot will do is eradicate poverty!  It works extremely well for them, to have a group (not too small, not too large) of those whose lives are a constant struggle since they're often trotted out as being to blame for whatever our politicians fancy - usually crime.

Labour and national are both bad in their own ways

it won't be fresh air under NZF and ACT
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-12-2023, 08:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ahhh yes, and gods help you if te Pati Maori and my Greens ever get together...

THAT would certainly be ever so interesting... Smile Rolleyes Big Grin
(06-12-2023, 10:33 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 08:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ahhh yes, and gods help you if te Pati Maori and my Greens ever get together...

THAT would certainly be ever so interesting... Smile Rolleyes Big Grin
And witnessing the disillusionment of the electorate with the previous government failing to succeed in their policies, which was clearly contributed to by factors that occurred beyond their control, and a coalition of parties now attempting to ride roughshod over the wants and needs of many in our society, the move towards supporting Te Pati Maori and The Greens in the recent election (again driven by disillusionment) is very likely to increase when we next go to the polls. 

This will be particularly the case if resistance to the coalition's right to govern increases (or an external stressor occurs) to the point that the government fails with the next election being called prematurely. That election could well see a rise in support in those previously 'minor' parties to the point that they can govern independently of the likes of National or Labour, or at least become the dominant coalition partner together with one of the previously 'major' parties. The current coalition's apparent disregard of environmental, social, ethnic and democratic issues may very well serve as a catalyst for such change.