Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They've burnt the house down" new govt
(29-11-2023, 09:39 AM)SueDonim Wrote: It's funny how those who profess to care about people were so keen to see a continuation of what we had. If you do the same, you get the same. So the majority of people voted to do something different. And maybe it will help. Some of the problems do go back decades, but most have got worse in the last 3/6 years under Labour. The new government has hit the ground running with a balance of new and experienced leadership. Hopefully the new will have new ideas, and the experienced will use that experience to guide in the right direction. Only time will tell. At least there is now reason to hope.
Completely agree.
We are seeing the left push back hard on this already, but this is to be expected.
The good news is that all 3 parties in power largely are in agreement with the majority of policies.
Is going to be a great 3 years.
What's good about MMP is we can have parties work together on issues and discuss different options/viewpoints rather than just be given one.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(02-12-2023, 08:06 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: The good news is that all 3 parties in power largely are in agreement with the majority of policies.
Ha ha ha.   I have long suspected that yours is a parody account and this settles it!

Ha ha ha.
(02-12-2023, 08:06 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(29-11-2023, 09:39 AM)SueDonim Wrote: It's funny how those who profess to care about people were so keen to see a continuation of what we had. If you do the same, you get the same. So the majority of people voted to do something different. And maybe it will help. Some of the problems do go back decades, but most have got worse in the last 3/6 years under Labour. The new government has hit the ground running with a balance of new and experienced leadership. Hopefully the new will have new ideas, and the experienced will use that experience to guide in the right direction. Only time will tell. At least there is now reason to hope.
Completely agree.
We are seeing the left push back hard on this already, but this is to be expected.
The good news is that all 3 parties in power largely are in agreement with the majority of policies.
What's good about MMP is we can have parties work together on issues and discuss different options/viewpoints rather than just be given one.

Why yes of course - removing the cost of living increases from beneficiaries is going to be ever so helpful. No doubt it will enable them to learn exactly how to survive off nothing more than 'the smell of an oily rag'... Dodgy

$38 less per week will enable them to also learn how to live in a cardboard box. These are useful life skills which while not needed by National & their govt partners, or their supporters, is invariably highly  recommended by them for those 'other people'... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-12-2023, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 08:06 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Completely agree.

Why yes of course - removing the cost of living increases from beneficiaries is going to be ever so helpful. No doubt it will enable them to learn exactly how to survive off nothing more than 'the smell of an oily rag'... Dodgy

$38 less per week will enable them to also learn how to live in a cardboard box. These are useful life skills which while not needed by National & their govt partners, or their supporters, is invariably highly  recommended by them for those 'other people'... Rolleyes

Beneficiaries will get more under national and adjusted for inflation.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
I will believe that when I see it.
(02-12-2023, 01:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Why yes of course - removing the cost of living increases from beneficiaries is going to be ever so helpful. No doubt it will enable them to learn exactly how to survive off nothing more than 'the smell of an oily rag'... Dodgy

Beneficiaries will get more under national and adjusted for inflation.

Oh - dear! You actually believe that! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

(02-12-2023, 02:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I will believe that when I see it.

Me too - just before I die of shock... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Lol, yes, fat chance of that.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(02-12-2023, 08:06 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Is going to be a great 3 years.
Both of those statements are far from certainties. All it will take is a significant natural disaster, act of terrorism or another pandemic and the NACTNZF coalition will show their individual colours and inadequacies and the likelhood of a snap election will become reality. There's more to running a country than double talk media bites and dissing existing legislation and when the pressure comes on Luxon and co will discover that.