Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hipkins reconsidering his decision?
An interesting discussion I've seen elsewhere is whether Chris Hipkins is regretting ruling Winston out?

Personally I suspect he's quite happy watching the coalition clownshow unfold before us all and very glad Labour isn't the one being played by Uncle Winston.
I wonder if Winston is suffering from dementia...
I do have other cameras!
He certainly is playing up to his drunk uncle reputation, but it could be a deliberate ploy to unsettle Luxon and prevent him from exerting any control. Interesting to see that Seymour, who is usually quite vocal, is saying very little and just letting the horrors unfold.
(29-11-2023, 09:22 AM)Praktica Wrote: I wonder if Winston is suffering from dementia...

Plenty of others sharing that opinion. In light of Winnie's recent tirades his representing NZ as Foreign Minister is concerning if he does so in the international arena.
I don't think Hipkins would regret it, & if by some chance he was, not any more!

Winston doing what Winston does best, - creating havoc & mayhem for the Nats for a change - must be cheering him up considerably. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Winston is a statesman when he wants to be. I think he saves his mischief making for the homefront, he behaves better away from home.

If I was Luxon I'd fill his calendar with lots of overseas junkets. But I have no idea what he should do with Seymour. That nit picking role might be genius though. We'll have to wait'n see.

Meantime I have stopped watching the news. It improves my outlook of life.
(30-11-2023, 09:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Winston is a statesman when he wants to be. I think he saves his mischief making for the homefront, he behaves better away from home.

If I was Luxon I'd fill his calendar with lots of overseas junkets. But I have no idea what he should do with Seymour. That nit picking role might be genius though. We'll have to wait'n see.

I think overseas would be an excellent idea - but I suspect Luxon hasn't any idea what to do with Winnie. Time will tell no doubt.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-11-2023, 10:03 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 09:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Winston is a statesman when he wants to be. I think he saves his mischief making for the homefront, he behaves better away from home.

I think overseas would be an excellent idea - but I suspect Luxon hasn't any idea what to do with Winnie. Time will tell no doubt.

Fluttering around the world using his charm to sell NZ products.  Only let him home for Christmas. Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(30-11-2023, 11:52 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 10:03 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think overseas would be an excellent idea - but I suspect Luxon hasn't any idea what to do with Winnie. Time will tell no doubt.

Fluttering around the world using his charm to sell NZ products.  Only let him home for Christmas. Big Grin Big Grin

If only - I'm sure it would work a treat. Big Grin Big Grin
Winston already ruled them out, so labour was done.
He lost trust in them and told us that repeatedly.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(02-12-2023, 08:15 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Winston already ruled them out, so labour was done.
He lost trust in them and told us that repeatedly.

I may be wrong bt I'm fairly sure that it was mutual.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin