Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTer in court, illegally accessing data bases.
He's been granted bail but not until Tuesday.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/welling...il-tuesday

"A Te Whatu Ora worker charged over illegally accessing personal information on work databases has been granted bail but not until 1pm on Tuesday.
Barry Young - who is also sometimes known as Winston Smith and appears in videos with conspiracy theorist Liz Gunn - appeared before Wellington District Court judge Andrew Nicholls on Monday
He faces one charge of dishonestly accessing Te Whatu Ora databases. The charge carries a maximum penalty of seven years jail.
He has not pleaded to the charge.

The court was packed with people for his appearance. They all stood and applauded as Young was brought out of the cells into the court at 10am but were quiet for the hearing in the afternoon.
Under the Bail Act, media are prevented from publishing the details of the bail hearing – other than the outcome and any conditions imposed.
Te Whatu Ora have confirmed Young remains an employee while an employment investigation is under way but has had no access to any systems or data since the employer found out about the breach on Thursday, Nov 30.
He has worked for them since 2018 according to his Linkedin page as a senior database administrator."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I wonder why he chose to go under the name of winston? Thinking
I'd say his IT career is over - client trust is all important for any tech
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
He seems pretty foolish for someone who should have known better what he was doing.
(04-12-2023, 03:46 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I wonder why he chose to go under the name of winston? Thinking

I think its probably a reference to the lead character in 1984, Winston Smith. 
Haven't read it for a while but I vaguely recall the name.

(04-12-2023, 04:26 PM)king1 Wrote: I'd say his IT career is over -  client trust is all important for any tech

Definitely - & he must have known that, surely.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)