Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leader's debate.
Round one to Judith.
Struggling to give the first round to anybody. To be fair I'd probably never announce a winner to debate unless one of the them is left a stammering mess at the end of it - which I hope to see in the minor party debate! As a debate, it wasn't overly informative. They both cannily avoided answering the questions put to them which was disappointing, but expected.

They both played to type. Ardern isn't really known for snapping back with zingers, so Collins happily took that role. She was a bit OTT at times, which will put some off but endear her to others. The "My husband is Samoan, so talofa" line was not a winner, and saying that you have a second house in a trust won't win over the lower income earners, but she couldn't really escape being pressed on it by Campbell. You knew what you were going to get with Ardern - work(wo)manlike, a little dull.

It's a shame we didn't have the Worm. I miss the Worm.
Good to see a little fire from Ms Ardern this time round. Not sure why Gower was asking them about meat-free Mondays - seemed a little weird.

Compared to the shambles of the US debate, it was pleasing to see that they both know how to follow instructions.

Early voting starts Saturday, woooooo!
I think Paddy Gower (or whoever does the next one) needs to have a remote control connected to their mikes; anyone talking over others gets muted.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-10-2020, 09:30 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think Paddy Gower (or whoever does the next one) needs to have a remote control connected to their mikes; anyone talking over others gets muted.
I thought the debate was very orderly.   They need to learn from Donald Trump how to get their point across. Big Grin
(03-10-2020, 09:30 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think Paddy Gower (or whoever does the next one) needs to have a remote control connected to their mikes; anyone talking over others gets muted.

Maybe a mild electric shock to the candidate if the mic picks up any unwanted noise. Would make for great viewing, especially if they brought in some of the leaders from the "nutter" parties.