Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a bit worried
All these people protesting  will be late for work this morning
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Hmm...one of your compatriots over at Interest.co was suggesting that they wouldn't get out of bed to protest at 7am...you guys ought to try to keep your messages consistent.
I do have other cameras!
What are the protests about? The National Party getting into power?
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
They are protesting the threats to the Treaty...

A shot across the bows the new government would be wise to heed.
Ahhhh, now I get it, so they are protesting against the National Party in effect, because that is the Nat's agenda, to rule without any other authority questioning or opposing their magisterial word and right to profit without question or oversight.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It would appear that some people have no understanding of what a democratic election represents. .
One that requires a threeway handshake to exist? Hmmm, I think Hipkins ruling such a compromised arrangement out was the more ethical choice myself.
Luxon is a rabid Christian and you know where that will lead.

Separation of church and state is so important to a modern democracy yet people voted in a man who thinks the Universe and everything in it was made by a god with the ultimate purpose of testing our in-build capability to choose between good and evil.

It's laugh or cry time again.
(05-12-2023, 01:00 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is a rabid Christian and you know where that will lead.

Separation of church and state is so important to a modern democracy yet people voted in a man who thinks the Universe and everything in it was made by a god with the ultimate purpose of testing our in-build capability to choose between good and evil.

He lies a lot, for a christian...
I do have other cameras!
(05-12-2023, 01:52 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 01:00 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is a rabid Christian and you know where that will lead.

He lies a lot, for a christian...

At least he has manners and a sense of propriety.

All the party's MPs were accompanied by waiata, haka or karanga as they made their oaths. However, the King they swore to was "Kīngi Harehare", which translates as a scab, skin rash, or something offensive or objectionable. The usual affirmation in te reo Māori is to Kīngi Tiāre te Tuatoru.

(05-12-2023, 05:21 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 01:52 PM)Praktica Wrote: He lies a lot, for a christian...

All the party's MPs were accompanied by waiata, haka or karanga as they made their oaths. However, the King they swore to was "Kīngi Harehare", which translates as a scab, skin rash, or something offensive or objectionable. The usual affirmation in te reo Māori is to Kīngi Tiāre te Tuatoru.

I see - you're ok with polite liars.
I do have other cameras!
(05-12-2023, 05:32 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 05:21 PM)Kenj Wrote: At least he has manners and a sense of propriety.

Way to avoid the point.
(05-12-2023, 05:51 PM)allblack Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 05:32 PM)Praktica Wrote: I see - you're ok with polite liars.

Way to avoid the point.

I thought national party lies was the point...
I do have other cameras!
(05-12-2023, 05:51 PM)allblack Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 05:32 PM)Praktica Wrote: I see - you're ok with polite liars.

Way to avoid the point.
I'm more inclined that Luxon, Peters and Seymour are the ones avoiding the point, and today's protests should be a warning to them in that respect.
(05-12-2023, 05:21 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 01:52 PM)Praktica Wrote: He lies a lot, for a christian...

So, telling blatant fibs is okay so long as it is done politely?

Big Grin

(05-12-2023, 05:32 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 05:21 PM)Kenj Wrote: At least he has manners and a sense of propriety.

Sorry! Great minds, lol...
Jeez, I have been on this earth for a helluva long time and I found out how you tell if a politician is lying... They are moving their lips!

That applies to all of them, National, Greens, Labour, ACT, Maori party, NZ First et al. They are only there for the assumed power they think they have. The "Do you know who I am" attitude. Very few exceptions to the rule.

If you think I am wrong, wake up!
(06-12-2023, 09:10 AM)Kenj Wrote: Jeez, I have been on this earth for a helluva long time and I found out how you tell if a politician is lying... They are moving their lips!

That applies to all of them, National, Greens, Labour,  ACT, Maori party, NZ First et al. They are only there for the assumed power they think they have. The "Do you know who I am" attitude. Very few exceptions to the rule.

Add to that the move towards infotainent style news content and the ever declining reduction in people's attention span together with the misinterpretation of politician's presentations, and the degree of 'spin' that they include in what they do say, it's no wonder that they suffer from a credibility problem.

Politician's media coaches purpose should be to make the information they put to the population more accurate but unfortunately the opposite is too often the case assumedly for reasons of personal political gain rather than to 'serve their electorate' as should be the case.
(06-12-2023, 09:10 AM)Kenj Wrote: Jeez, I have been on this earth for a helluva long time and I found out how you tell if a politician is lying... They are moving their lips!

That applies to all of them, National, Greens, Labour,  ACT, Maori party, NZ First et al. They are only there for the assumed power they think they have. The "Do you know who I am" attitude. Very few exceptions to the rule.

A lot of those exceptions in the Greens. Which is why they get my vote, despite them being dreamers... Big Grin