Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winston gave NZ three female PM's...
Who knew! Rolleyes Rolleyes

Winston being Winston again . 

There is only one of him, for which we're all extremely thankful. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

ome/politics/2023/12/winston-peters-appears-to-claim-credit-for-making-three-women-pm-in-speech-audience-member-calls-it-gross.html

"Winston Peters has credited himself with the political pinnacles of Aotearoa's only three female PMs, telling an audience at Parliament: "In my career, I made three women Prime Minister."   
He then later denied to Newshub he was taking credit for putting them in the top job.   
The speech was meant to be about the election as an opportunity to talk about race relations, taking aim once more at what he calls the Māori elite.   
"It's the worst type of racist I know: You need my help to be equal," the deputy Prime Minister said.   
Peters compared equity to sexism.   
"Some of us find that as revolting as chauvinist men behaving the same way, get it ladies?"   
Without a shred of irony, Peters appeared to claim it was he who maketh the women.   
"By the way, in my career, I made three women Prime Minister - you forgotten that? One of them let me down really bad and the other wasn't so good either."  
But Peters wouldn't stand by it moments later.    
"I said I was there when three females continued to be Prime Minister because I didn't rule them out, I didn't take credit for it," Peters said. "And - that's again - your narrative."   
When it was put to him audience members believed that was what he had said, Peters replied: "Well, look, if you're going to use them as the authority then go and interview them."   
Newshub did.   
"He was trying to convey he wasn't being sexist whilst being sexist," one said."   
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Denial, always every politicians fallback position.

Boring.
I would consider it 2 woman PMs, Winston had nothing to do with Jenny Shipley, that was a couple when her party kicked out Bolger
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.