Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worrying Religious Trends in United States of America
This man is the third most important man in government in America.

Mike Johnson thought the cameras were off. They weren’t.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opin...rcna128126
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
I don't get it why the right attracts so many religious people, particularly in the United States where they have so many extreme fundamentalist denominations.
Luxon happens to be catholic which is no coincidence.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Luxon is an Evangelical Protestant Christian.

Google it.
But that is what the term means, to sit on the right hand side of God.

"The “right hand” is seen as a place of honor and status throughout the biblical text. When the Bible makes statements that Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of the Father, it is affirming that he has equal status to the Father within the Godhead (Hebrews 1:3, 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22; Acts 7:55-56)"

"Generally, the left wing is characterized by an emphasis on "ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism" while the right wing is characterized by an emphasis on "notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism"."

This stated "push" by religious organizations to take over government has been going on as policy for more than thirty years now, I think, it started in a big way round about the Reagan era.

The 'decadent' 60's was one of the main drivers.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
C_T_Russell you may have got that from me, I thought he was Catholic, I spelled his name wrongly and got his religion wrong as well.
That really is concerning; the last thing our poor world needs is religious nutters running amok & imposing their extreme, benighted views on everyone else. In particular those allegedly religious extremists who know very well the message they're pushing is utter BS but still want to impose those views because its convenient for them to have gullible people buy into that.

It makes people easier to control...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
What's dangerous about this guy is that he really believes that God is using him as a tool and talking to him.

So doubly dangerous because he is stupid as well and has taken the lazy way through life leaving all the unknowns up to and because of God but he has great power to alter our lives with the position he holds in Government now even though he has demonstrate-able low intelligence whilst being delusional at the same time.

Scary situation.
(09-12-2023, 07:05 PM)zqwerty Wrote: What's dangerous about this guy is that he really believes that God is using him as a tool and talking to him.

So doubly dangerous because he is stupid as well and has taken the lazy way through life leaving all the unknowns up to and because of God but he has great power to alter our lives with the position he holds in Government now even though he has demonstrate-able low intelligence whilst being delusional at the same time.

Scary situation.

Either he's seriously mentally ill (it was formerly called religious mania) or he's deeply cynical & using the gullibility of others for his own purpose, probably in order to gain power.

Deeply unhealthy in either case; imo he should be removed from any public post & given medical help. But it's America so that won't happen..
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(09-12-2023, 11:31 AM)zqwerty Wrote: C_T_Russell you may have got that from me, I thought he was Catholic, I spelled his name wrongly and got his religion wrong as well.

Not as wrong as he got it . . . .

Sick
Entropy is not what
it used to be.