Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emailing scanned documents
I have been told that a text document that I scanned for someone without a scanner, and emailed to them arrived with a grey background.    Th original did NOT have a grey background.  I scanned it on my Brother DCP J1050DW Printer, using Nuance Paperport 14 software.  Sent using Outlook (Office 365).

I sent it to myself and it looked OK.  I don't know if it is my problem or their's.   Can anyone help?
for starters when they scan they are scanned as an image format, even if you choose PDF. That will explain the colour background

I usually just use the brother Control Center 4 for scanning (orange icon CC4), it has an OCR (optical character recognition) option that you could try to get the text only, but I have usually found that to mess up badly...

In the CC4 settings there are options to adjust the brightness of the scan and the contrast, contrast is the one you would need to reduce the background, not sure if Nuance has contrast controls...

HTH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Usually I find this happens if the brightness or contrast settings are out a bit.
Some types of paper are more prone to doing it too and when you print the scanned page it takes ages to do so because it's putting a fine amount of ink across the whole page.