Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt have "no moral compass"
But to be fair, nor do most govts & politicians.
 Although given that our new glorious leader is religious, perhaps we could have expected better, y'know, a bit of the Christian concern for the well being of others, especially at this time of thee year. Although that maybe only applies to the already wealthy...?

I'm amazed that anyone thought Luxon could in any way, control Winnie. Rolleyes

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/l...VUX3Z3AVY/

"Hipkins said that the new Prime Minister Christopher Luxon needs to show some leadership, particularly towards Winston Peters, who Hipkins claims has overstepped majorly.
He needs to talk to Winston Peters and tell him his comments are unacceptable,” Hipkins said.
Hipkins called on Luxon to “stamp it out” and “act like a prime minister”.
I am not overly confident that Luxon has control over his government,” he said.

[b]“[/b]New Zealanders did not vote for a windfall gain for landlords being applied retrospectively, which is effectively what they are planning to do with the announcements they have made.”

On the removal of the smoke-free laws, Hipkins said it was “morally reprehensible”.
It shows just two days into government they have already lost their moral compass,” Hipkins said.
It is an international embarrassment as well, the first major headline that this government has attracted is their decision to increase the number of New Zealanders who smoke cigarettes.”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
hipkins knows all about being a embarrassment

i wonder what sort of moral compass a government has that gives 2.6 million taxpayers dollars to the mongrel mob
yes i know
You could research why that grant was made, and the results it generated...
(12-12-2023, 04:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You could research why that grant was made, and the results it generated...

i know exactly why the grant was made and i doubt it resulted in the mongrel mob giving up drugs
yes i know
(12-12-2023, 04:54 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 04:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You could research why that grant was made, and the results it generated...

i know exactly why the grant was made and i doubt it resulted in the mongrel mob giving up drugs

If even a handful of members give up meth and get their lives back on track then surely that has to be money well spent...  We all know the damage Meth does to communities...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-12-2023, 04:54 PM)jim157 Wrote:

So, that'd be a No then? Just 'I know' and 'I doubt'...

And that is why we have the three headed government we have now.
(12-12-2023, 04:14 PM)jim157 Wrote: hipkins knows all about being a embarrassment

i wonder what sort of moral compass a government has that gives 2.6 million taxpayers dollars to the mongrel mob

That's a real rabbit hole to go down! Lots of stuff like this pops up...

https://www.bassettbrashandhide.com/post...s-spending
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!

Don't talk so daft - that would mean thinking, & making an effort to understand... Rolleyes

(12-12-2023, 05:06 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 04:54 PM)jim157 Wrote: i know exactly why the grant was made and i doubt it resulted in the mongrel mob giving up drugs

If even a handful of members give up meth and get their lives back on track then surely that has to be money well spent...  We all know the damage Meth does to communities...

Absolutely, & why we don't take the same road Portugal has with regard to drugs is an absolute mystery. It works.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-12-2023, 05:29 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 04:14 PM)jim157 Wrote: hipkins knows all about being a embarrassment

Dredging that one up again? https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...0#pid47770

right up there with encouraging smoking to pay for tax cuts...

You're right - and particularly nasty rabbits live down there...it's what the hard of thinking call a reliable source.
I do have other cameras!
(12-12-2023, 06:42 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 05:29 PM)Kenj Wrote: That's a real rabbit hole to go down! Lots of stuff like this pops up...

You're right - and particularly nasty rabbits live down there...it's what the hard of thinking call a reliable source.

So, would you consider a report written by Labour party supporters credible? I try to look at happenings with an open mind, whereas a large percentage of regular posters on this forum are blinded by their dog like devotion to Labour and Greens et al.

As far as the money given to gangs for drug rehab, I suggest you look at the article on "Drug Rehab Centre used for Meth operation" page A9 in the Herald. Or search Google for "Darren Creelman NZ"  Not gang funding, but Marae funding. I could copy and paste but I respect Herald's ownership.
(13-12-2023, 07:40 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 06:42 PM)Praktica Wrote: You're right - and particularly nasty rabbits live down there...it's what the hard of thinking call a reliable source.

So, would you consider a report written by Labour party supporters credible? I try to look at happenings with an open mind, whereas a large percentage of regular posters on this forum are blinded by their dog like devotion to Labour and Greens et al.

As far as the money given to gangs for drug rehab, I suggest you look at the article on "Drug Rehab Centre used for Meth operation" page A9 in the Herald. Or search Google for "Darren Creelman NZ"  Not gang funding, but Marae funding. I could copy and paste but I respect Herald's ownership.

One person rorting the system doesn't mean the system is broken, I mean we aint dealing with pillars of the community here - I would hazard a guess for every Darren Creelman that went through that place there would be at least 20 who have come out the other end a changed and reformed person. 

Since you have an open mind, have a read of the clinics founder and her own take on the situation... 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...ector.html

National spins everything they don't like into something it simply is not...

(13-12-2023, 08:27 AM)king1 Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 07:40 AM)Kenj Wrote: So, would you consider a report written by Labour party supporters credible? I try to look at happenings with an open mind, whereas a large percentage of regular posters on this forum are blinded by their dog like devotion to Labour and Greens et al.

One person rorting the system doesn't mean the system is broken, I mean we aint dealing with pillars of the community here - I would hazard a guess for every Darren Creelman that went through that place there would be at least 20 who have come out the other end a changed and reformed person. 

Since you have an open mind, have a read of the clinics founder and her own take on the situation... 

Quote:National spins everything they don't like into something it simply is not...

.... and the other parties don't?  Tongue
With National everything is an obfuscation, a smokescreen or a gaslight to hide the fact that their underlying motive is money in their and their mates bank accounts.

Now I know that to a certain extent everyone needs money flowing in to pay for the necessities of life but when does the amount required go beyond common-sense and become habit-formed uncaring self-interested greed.

Ok in businessmen I suppose but not in those that are supposed to be running the country. The idea that a country should be run as if it is a very large business is ok up to a point but becomes ridiculous when you look at the final result of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
I think anyone who uses the word 'majorly' should be taken out the back and shot.
"Is majorly a slang word?
'Majorly' in the sense of 'extremely'

Instances where majorly functions as a slang or colloquial intensifier in the sense of "seriously" or "extremely" begin appearing in print by 1955."
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(13-12-2023, 09:10 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 08:27 AM)king1 Wrote: One person rorting the system doesn't mean the system is broken, I mean we aint dealing with pillars of the community here - I would hazard a guess for every Darren Creelman that went through that place there would be at least 20 who have come out the other end a changed and reformed person. 

Quote:National spins everything they don't like into something it simply is not...

Interesting bottom line in the above URL
Quote:Made with support from Te Māngai Pāho and the Public Interest Journalism Fund.
(13-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 09:10 AM)Kenj Wrote:  

Interesting bottom line in the above URL
Quote:Made with support from Te Māngai Pāho and the Public Interest Journalism Fund.

OOh - CTrs detect deep state interference...
I do have other cameras!
(13-12-2023, 11:41 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Kenj Wrote: Interesting bottom line in the above URL

OOh - CTrs detect deep state interference...

Well, what was the Labour party introduced $55M Public Interest Journalism Fund then?

In reference to the above fund. The Ministry for Culture and Heritage concluded there is no strong case for “any ongoing public funding of commercial news content”.