Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon learns te Reo courtesy of our taxes but wants everyone else to pay for it thems
The hypocrisy of our politicians is stunning.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...arn-te-reo

[b]"Luxon defends taxpayer-funded te reo lessons, after his own criticism [/b]
Prime Minister Christopher Luxon says it is important for public officials to have skills in te reo, after criticising other public service bosses for funding te reo lessons.

Luxon said people wanting to learn te reo should "pay for it themselves" - but his office has confirmed it paid for his te reo lessons.

A spokesperson for the prime minister defended the taxpayer-funded lessons as a completely appropriate use of funding - which appears to be at odds with previous statements from Luxon.

"In the real world outside of Wellington and outside the bubble of MPs, people who want to learn te reo or want to learn any other education actually pay for it themselves," Luxon said, earlier.

This morning, in a statement, a spokesperson confirmed the taxpayer-funded budget of the Leader of the Opposition's office paid for Luxon's te reo lessons.

The spokesperson said they were not aware of any other National MPs using the Opposition budget to learn te reo Māori."

No doubt there are eager beaver journalists checking that even now.... Rolleyes Big Grin

He's basically saying that taxpayers paying for his lessons is perfectly alright but everyone else can pay for it themselves, & too bad if they can't afford it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Following along from his claiming the CCD on his 'wife's' Tesla then axing the scheme once he gained power. And in upgrading from a Model 3 to a Model Y he probably claimed the CCD on the purchases of both cars.
Hey hey - are you surprised that a "christian" is a hypocrite?
I do have other cameras!
(18-12-2023, 05:28 PM)Praktica Wrote: Hey hey - are you surprised that a "christian" is a hypocrite?

I just wish that one of those bloody reporters had asked him before the eelctiion in front of a camera whether or not he believes in demons, since his church does. Big Grin Rolleyes

Theyre also apparently going after Kainga Ora so they may intend to sell off more of the housing stock - what a nasty bunch they're proving to be, going after those already struggling.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-12-2023, 06:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-12-2023, 05:28 PM)Praktica Wrote: Hey hey - are you surprised that a "christian" is a hypocrite?

I just wish that one of those bloody reporters had asked him before the eelctiion in front of a camera whether or not he believes in demons, since his church does. Big Grin Rolleyes

Theyre also apparently going after Kainga Ora so they may intend to sell off more of the housing stock - what a nasty bunch they're proving to be, going after those already struggling.

So that would be Homes and Communities now that National have reverted to the English name for government departments? Or does that only apply when they're not trying to put a negative spin on the organisation in question for their support base's benefit?
(18-12-2023, 06:26 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(18-12-2023, 06:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I just wish that one of those bloody reporters had asked him before the eelctiion in front of a camera whether or not he believes in demons, since his church does. Big Grin Rolleyes

So that would be Homes and Communities now that National have reverted to the English name for government departments? Or does that only apply when they're not trying to put a negative spin on the organisation in question for their support base's benefit?

On the subject of names - if that lot had an honest bone in their bodies, their party would be called simply 'Bastards R us'.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
It is not the English names that are the problem; it is the English review and it is supposedly independent with Bill in charge. Wonder what bill the Government will fork out for this "non-consultant".
(19-12-2023, 10:51 AM)alpha111 Wrote: It is not the English names that are the problem; it is the English review and it is supposedly independent with Bill in charge. Wonder what bill the Government will fork out for this "non-consultant".
Agreed. Bringing in a Nat to conduct the 'independent review' really does make us look more like a dictatorial banana republic.
(19-12-2023, 11:33 AM)harm_less Wrote: Agreed. Bringing in a Nat to conduct the 'independent review' really does make us look more like a dictatorial banana republic.

we have looked like that for the last 6 years comrade, just a different pack of clowns driving the bus
yes i know
In times of crisis people need to stick together and act as a coherent group and if they won't do that voluntarily then they need to be told in no uncertain terms by the government of the day.

The Covid event was a crisis and it is still with us to a certain extent, there are still idiots amongst us who cannot be relied on to follow orders and insist on going their own way putting the rest of us in jeopardy even to this day, what on earth is the matter with them?

Is it stupidity/idiocy or sheer bloody-mindedness or being contrary or lacking a philosophy of life and just being reactionary like so many spoiled children thinking that going against the consensus is some form of stylish rebellion.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-12-2023, 10:24 AM)zqwerty Wrote: In times of crisis people need to stick together and act as a coherent group and if they won't do that voluntarily then they need to be told in no uncertain terms by the government of the day.

The Covid event was a crisis and it is still with us to a certain extent, there are still idiots amongst us who cannot be relied on to follow orders and insist on going their own way putting the rest of us in jeopardy even to this day, what on earth is the matter with them?

Is it stupidity/idiocy or sheer bloody-mindedness or being contrary or lacking a philosophy of life and just being reactionary like so many spoiled children thinking that going against the consensus is some form of stylish rebellion.

The strange reaction to the covid event by some is in stark contrast to for example, the general population of this country during WW2, when everyone understood the dangers & worked together as far as possible.

A similar situation now might see Cter's claiming that 'there's no war'... Rolleyes Dodgy
Even though I missed the 2nd World War I remember how people acted in the 50's as I was growing up and I can best describe that feeling as one of belonging and knowing how other people felt about most everyday things.

In this vein of thought, someone just stole my magnificent Christmas Lily that was growing and blooming close to the road of my Retirement Village (over sixties units).

I feel so angry about it and wonder who has the cheek to take a flower stem that has obviously been left so that all can enjoy it.

I suppose in every society there are always outlying nutcases, probably quite a few of them.

Where I came from there was always a lot of petty stealing and not just by the indigenous people who were poor and didn't know better.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
He was damned if he did and damned if he don't.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(26-12-2023, 09:47 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: He was damned if he did and damned if he don't.
And he doesn't possess the political nouse either way so this won't be the last procedural blunder we'll be seeing from him.
We will see about that, they are not messing around and we are lucky to have winston and seymour holding him to account too.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(26-12-2023, 11:19 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: We will see about that, they are not messing around and we are lucky to have winston and seymour holding him to account too.
That just indicates to me that your definition of "lucky" differs significantly to most people's.
The person who stole my Christmas Lily came back and stole the cut-off stalk and the bulb that grew it 3 days later, what a cheek.

They'll regret it if I find out who they are.