Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autistic kid hacks Nvidia and rockstar
Not condoning his behavior, but their security must be poor.
Employ him as a white hat hacker or something lots of big tech companies cry out for this sort of skill.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-67663128
Very talented kid for sure. This is particular indicates a very high level of innovation:

"The jury was told that while he was on bail for hacking Nvidia and BT/EE and in police protection at a Travelodge hotel, he continued hacking and carried out his most infamous hack.

Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj managed to breach Rockstar, the company behind GTA, using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV and a mobile phone."

Neuro diverse conditions such as Autism and Asperger's syndrome are often regarded as 'superpowers' by those afflicted by them and this would seem to very much be the case for this kid.
One thing for sure is that Autistic people are very smart people.
Just need to use their skills for the right reasons. In this case I really wonder if they have the ability to discern the difference between right and wrong.
OTOH, they do have compulsive behavior at times and that appears to be what has happened in this instance.
He's obviously highly skilled & doesn't seem to have the ability to understand right from wrong, but surely his skills could somehow be channelled into creating rather than destroying.

It must be really tough on his family.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
We had a similar case in NZ with an autistic teenager who helped create a bonnet, his charges were dropped and he ended up getting hired by an IT security company if I'm not mistaken.