Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journalist John Pilger dead
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-67853392

"Campaigning Australian journalist and filmmaker John Pilger has died aged 84, his family has announced.
A statement by his relatives on X said he died in London on Saturday.

They described Pilger as "simply the most amazing and loved dad, grandad and partner".
He was a vocal and sometimes controversial critic of Western foreign policy. He was also outspoken over the treatment of Indigenous Australians.
Pilger was born in Bondi, New South Wales in 1939, but was based in the United Kingdom since the 1960s. He worked for outlets including Reuters and the Daily Mirror.
He was best known for his work as a foreign correspondent, including reporting on the Vietnam War, Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, and from the United States during the turmoil of the 1960s and 1970s.

He was in the same room when Robert Kennedy was assassinated while running to be the Democratic nominee for the 1968 presidential election, according to his website.
He made numerous documentaries, including the 1979 film Year Zero: The Silent Death of Cambodia, about the country under Pol Pot and his Khmer Rouge, as well as many about Australia and its treatment of Indigenous Australians."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
There was a life well lived.
(01-01-2024, 12:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There was a life well lived.

Indeed, it was that.  Smile

I wonder how many people his work affected fior the better.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Always liked his articles certainly annoyed the West with the truth in a lot of his articles, I think the mere fact a lot of his opinion pieces were rarely in the mainstream media in his later years shows how upset the so called western superpowers wereat being exposed.