Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderna’s mRNA cancer vaccine works even better than thought
Link:  https://www.freethink.com/health/cancer-vaccine
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Well, the covid version aint doing me any harm so far, as I metabolise number six and remain a covid virgin. Nearly everyone I know has had the beast except me. Don't think my immune system is superior, but I guess my antisocial habits help!
(03-01-2024, 08:54 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, the covid version aint doing me any harm so far, as I metabolise number six and remain a covid virgin. Nearly everyone I know has had the beast except me. Don't think my immune system is superior, but I guess my antisocial habits help!

Same here.  Six vaccinations, no Covid.   I've long been impervious to colds and 'flu so I think my immune system works as it should, I'm carefully social but don't go to the supermarket (husband does that, assiduously masked).   He hasn't been infected and I know a few other people who are also Novids, all of them vaxxed and careful.

I think our personal reports are important to counterbalance the anti-vax fables.
I wear my mask when I go into anyplace with low ceilings, poor air circulation and lots of people. Any one of those three will cause me to put on my mask.

Any sign of a throat tingle or sore throat or the slightest cough and I immediately suck a Strepsils PLUS Lozenge.

https://www.strepsils.co.nz/products/strepsils-plus/

The Strepsils Plus Throat Spray 20ml is good as well but all are becoming very expensive since the purported loss of value of the dollar and subsequent inflationary spiral.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Quite an exciting development in this space.
In theory this treatment is s form of immunotherapy and could be rolled out to treat various cancers.

Melanoma is quite a good candidate for treatment too and NZ has high rates of it.
It appears to be personalized for each individual using their own cells, I wonder how easy it is to roll out since it's not mass produced as a generic treatment?
My friend J, when diagnosed with end stage liver cancer was asked to join an American study run by one of the major pharmas, looking into genetic targeting of cancer treatments, and did so till a few weeks of her death. Not an easy journey considering the testing and sampling they needed on top of her existing protocols, but without such generosity we would all be the poorer. Medical science needs such courageous volunteers in order to progress.

I wonder if I would be so inclined...