Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandson's new Win 11 Laptop.
He now has one for the start of school. I have initially set it up using my MS account at sign on time. I don't think I should have done this! I now, according to MS, have the rights in my MS "My Account".

Naturally I want the laptop to be secure but it should be all in his name. I'm in need of guidance of the steps needed to set this up properly. My thoughts are that I should remove the laptop from my MS "MY Account" and then set up a MS Account for him and then take it from there to follow through. If I do remove my MS Account from MY Account, will this reflect immediately on his Laptop and require his MS Account to be setup to gain access to the Laptop?
definitely don't want your own account there...

If there is no user data on it yet I would just go into user accounts and create another LOCAL user profile for grandson. His school will probably have there own MS account they issue him so probably best let him/them sort that out.

for setting up a local profile in user accounts, just keep responding 'I don't have this persons sign info" and "I dont want to create a Microsoft account for this user" , or you can sign in with no@thanks.com / anypassword and it will fail and setup a local profile

When that account is setup , sign into it, go to user accounts and remove your original one...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thank you, all set.