Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Appalling Trump - again.
He genuinely does seem to be lacking empathy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024...l-shooting

"Donald Trump told an audience at a campaign event on Friday in Iowa to “get over” a deadly shooting at a high school in the state a day earlier.

After offering sympathy and emotional support for the victims of the shooting in Perry, Iowa, and their families, Trump said at the event in Sioux Center: “It’s just horrible – so surprising to see it here. But we have to get over it. We have to move forward.”
Trump’s comments on the shooting that occurred about 36 hours earlier were the first he had made addressing the violence.
Friday’s remarks were not the first time in the last year that Trump has apparently tried to deflect from having a substantial conversation about gun violence in the US. During a speech in April 2023 to the National Rifle Association, Trump argued that the long history of deadly school shootings in the US is “not a gun problem”. He instead blamed the issue on Democrats, mental health issues, marijuana and the transgender community.

Trump’s recent comment on the Perry shooting was criticized by the Democratic Super Pac American Bridge.

We knew Trump lacked empathy for others, but no one thought he could go this low and tell Iowans to simply ‘get over it’ as they grieve from a situation communities across the country know all too well,” the American Bridge presidential campaigns communication director, Brandon Weathersby, said in a statement on Trump’s comments. “This is beyond the pale, even for Trump.”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-01-2024, 04:17 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He genuinely does seem to be lacking empathy.

"Donald Trump told an audience at a campaign event on Friday in Iowa to “get over” a deadly shooting at a high school in the state a day earlier.

After offering sympathy and emotional support for the victims of the shooting in Perry, Iowa, and their families, Trump said at the event in Sioux Center: “It’s just horrible – so surprising to see it here. But we have to get over it. We have to move forward.”
Trump’s comments on the shooting that occurred about 36 hours earlier were the first he had made addressing the violence.
Friday’s remarks were not the first time in the last year that Trump has apparently tried to deflect from having a substantial conversation about gun violence in the US. During a speech in April 2023 to the National Rifle Association, Trump argued that the long history of deadly school shootings in the US is “not a gun problem”. He instead blamed the issue on Democrats, mental health issues, marijuana and the transgender community.

Trump’s recent comment on the Perry shooting was criticized by the Democratic Super Pac American Bridge.

We knew Trump lacked empathy for others, but no one thought he could go this low and tell Iowans to simply ‘get over it’ as they grieve from a situation communities across the country know all too well,” the American Bridge presidential campaigns communication director, Brandon Weathersby, said in a statement on Trump’s comments. “This is beyond the pale, even for Trump.”
And as proof that Trump has now lost the plot completely he has released this video. Apparently it's not (meant as) a parody Rolleyes 

(07-01-2024, 06:00 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 04:17 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He genuinely does seem to be lacking empathy.

And as proof that Trump has now lost the plot completely he has released this video. Apparently it's not (meant as) a parody Rolleyes 

Oh....dear! 

It was either laugh or vomit, laughing won! Unbloodybelievable... Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well, I guess it proves we godless ones were right all along. There is no 'God'...
God is not out in the Universe as a physical entity, he/she/it exists as a spiritual imaginary being in the minds of those who believe.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Trump is an idiot:

“people are always asking me, ‘you know so much about this, how do you know so much about science?’ Maybe I have a natural ability for it.”

Trump Mocked After Claiming Magnets Don’t Work Underwater at Rally - 'All I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that’s the end of the magnets,' Trump declared

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible"

"I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important."

Context on the Elton John snip above: [He’s bragging that he broke attendance records in venues that were previously held by Elton. No clue if that’s actually true since he never held an event he didn’t lie about the numbers at, but that’s what he’s saying at least.

He’s also simultaneously trying to say how big a deal it is that he managed it without having instruments or help (despite the gigantic team of people who make rallies happen) while undercutting it by saying sports and concerts have less seating space. Contradicting himself in real time.]
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(08-01-2024, 09:28 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Trump is an idiot:

“people are always asking me, ‘you know so much about this, how do you know so much about science?’ Maybe I have a natural ability for it.”

Trump Mocked After Claiming Magnets Don’t Work Underwater at Rally - 'All I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that’s the end of the magnets,' Trump declared

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible"
FFS, and I thought Luxon's word salads were bad.
(08-01-2024, 10:06 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(08-01-2024, 09:28 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Trump is an idiot:

FFS, and I thought Luxon's word salads were bad.

Big Grin Big Grin

There's incoherent rambling - & then, there's Trump! Rolleyes Big Grin
Trump just promised an authoritarian ‘task force’ to impose Christian ideology

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opin...rcna132082
If Trump was smart he'd've done better at school. Read Mary Trump's book. The guy was a cheat back then too.
Trump suggests that, if re-elected, he would have Biden indicted

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...rcna132810

He's a slippery character.
(09-01-2024, 08:16 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Trump suggests that, if re-elected, he would have Biden indicted

Slippery is a good description of him; he's unbelievably devious. Dodgy
If America allows a convicted fraudster to stand for election it simply tells the world how far that nation has fallen.
(09-01-2024, 12:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If America allows a convicted fraudster to stand for election it simply tells the world how far that nation has fallen.

They are at least trying to prevent that happening; I hope they're successful.
(09-01-2024, 08:16 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Trump suggests that, if re-elected, he would have Biden indicted

It's all about him playing to his support case. Understanding where those people's logic lies is beyond me!
Totally Cool Trump Rants For SIX Solid Minutes About Criminal Immunity Appeal In Falsehood-Riddled Late-Night Attack

https://www.mediaite.com/news/totally-co...ht-attack/
(10-01-2024, 11:40 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Totally Cool Trump Rants For SIX Solid Minutes About Criminal Immunity Appeal In Falsehood-Riddled Late-Night Attack

https://www.mediaite.com/news/totally-co...ht-attack/

from the link:

"Nothing's ever been so embarrassing in the history of our country"

EXCEPT for the unhinged ramblings of Trump . The man's unbleievable. Dodgy Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
Trump Says He WANTS the Economy to Crash Because It Will Hurt Biden

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-says...hurt-biden
Trump Keeps Suggesting People Who Aren’t White Aren’t Eligible To Be President

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-eli...f6621e87f3
He seems to be completely divorced from reality, as well as being an idiot racist. Its difficult to comprehend that someone like him could ever somehow gain sufficient credibility to run for & become, president.

I hope we never have our own Trump here.