Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After almost a quarter of a billion $$ sanity prevails
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/30103954...pp-android

First section to completed by 2020 and Airport link by 2024......but not a single meter of track laid and not even a route confirmed after 6 years.
Which is why we are fools to trust them with responding to climate change.
(14-01-2024, 05:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Which is why we are fools to trust them with responding to climate change.

Yes labour were shocking
All this stuff should've been done 100 years ago in Auckland....and in a hundred years they will say it should've been done 200 years ago. There was only one visionary Mayor who got things done, just a small portion of his plans came to fruit. On and on it will go, and it will get harder and harder to get around in Auckland. Maybe they should push the 15 minute city thing, because in 15 minutes you can drive as far as you can walk...probably less.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(14-01-2024, 05:41 PM)Zurdo Wrote: All this stuff should've been done 100 years ago in Auckland....and in a hundred years they will say it should've been done 200 years ago.  There was only one visionary Mayor who got things done, just a small portion of his plans came to fruit.  On and on it will go, and it will get harder and harder to get around in Auckland.  Maybe they should push the 15 minute city thing, because in 15 minutes you can drive as far as you can walk...probably less.

Yep, & wherever the Auckland Mayor Robbie, is now, I bet he's falling about laughing... Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-01-2024, 05:17 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(14-01-2024, 05:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Which is why we are fools to trust them with responding to climate change.

Yes labour were shocking

WG, they are all the same. Live long enough and you will see. The good ones are few and far between, and often ground down by their peers.

(14-01-2024, 05:41 PM)Zurdo Wrote: All this stuff should've been done 100 years ago in Auckland....and in a hundred years they will say it should've been done 200 years ago.  There was only one visionary Mayor who got things done, just a small portion of his plans came to fruit.  On and on it will go, and it will get harder and harder to get around in Auckland.  Maybe they should push the 15 minute city thing, because in 15 minutes you can drive as far as you can walk...probably less.

As any real estate agent can tell you, now is always the best time to buy...
Cue whinging from the likes of wainuiperson about how awful the traffic is in Auckland, and why don't "they" do something about it...
I do have other cameras!
The knowledge and materials are available to do the job, all that is required is will power.

Money is a common medium of exchange, it is in effect pulled out of a hat, and as such stimulates growth around the economy as work is performed, the velocity of money is an important thing and gives the citizens a feeling of well being or not if it is not happening at sufficient speed.

Once accountants and other small minded thinkers are in charge what you get is stagnation then austerity as they manage us to the end results of too much capitalism and not enough common sense.

Endless excuses as to why things can't be done, price increases justified by abstruse excuses like a drop in the value of money and in the end outright profiteering as the government is no longer legislating to keep rampant cronyism under control and a takeover of the government by businessmen to the detriment of the citizens as we go into a depression and rampant inflation.

https://i.redd.it/uq8cv2ajqecc1.jpeg
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(14-01-2024, 04:14 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/30103954...pp-android

First section to completed by 2020 and Airport link by 2024......but not a single meter of track laid and not even a route confirmed after 6 years.

Common sense prevails.
Billions of dollars we dont have, who would have paid?
Hopefully there is enough funds to upgrade all our road infrastructure.
Closing queen street off to cars and putting rail through would have been a foolish idea.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(15-01-2024, 07:27 AM)Praktica Wrote: Cue whinging from the likes of wainuiperson about how awful the traffic is in Auckland, and why don't "they" do something about it...

I don't live in Auckland so don't complain about Auckland traffic.

And this light rail would have done very little to solve Auckland traffic issues.  

As someone who takes public transportation to work every day I am all for the right investment in that.
Work? So, Anniversary Day today then? With no lawns to mow?
(22-01-2024, 12:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Work? So, Anniversary Day today then? With no lawns to mow?

Yes it is and my lawns haven't grown much in the last 2  weeks to warrant mowing.
Lucky you. Ours are growing so fast the mowers can't keep up. Still, the vegies are doing the same, so not all bad!
Why not build a big heliport in central city 2 big Chinooks relaying pasengers to the airport . They do it in big american citys
They'll be flying over some millionaires back yard, so will have to take a 45 minute detour.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(27-01-2024, 06:15 PM)Zurdo Wrote: They'll be flying over some millionaires back yard, so will have to take a 45 minute detour.

They'll manage to somehow magically re route it over the main section of the city away from them.... Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)