Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oof - someone has a low opinion of the new government
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35014912...s-not-ceos

She doesn't expect much in the way of inspiration from this bunch of wasters.
I do have other cameras!
She tells it like many of us see it. Interesting that Stuff seems to have done away with their comments function with the new website format. Too much mentally challenging comments for their moderators?
"And on a Governmental level, we’ve had a bunch of bizarre coalition concessions, they’ve really pissed off all of us who care about Māori rights, and there’s been a long, vindictive streak of, “well-if-Labour-did-that -then-scrap it”. Can you sum that up easily? Yep. Erratic. Directionless. Panicked. Visionless. Depressing. God-knows-what-is-coming-next-ness."

I suspect they've badly underestimated just how much they've seriously pissed people off over Maori rights, but its possible that if they take things too far,they're going to get one hell of a shock & find that out.

And really, as to the Auckland transport problems, its a kind of cowardice on their part to not really do anything much to fix it - & certainly nothing likely to really help n the long term.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-01-2024, 01:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "And on a Governmental level, we’ve had a bunch of bizarre coalition concessions, they’ve really pissed off all of us who care about Māori rights, and there’s been a long, vindictive streak of, “well-if-Labour-did-that -then-scrap it”. Can you sum that up easily? Yep. Erratic. Directionless. Panicked. Visionless. Depressing. God-knows-what-is-coming-next-ness."

I suspect they've badly underestimated just how much they've seriously pissed people off over Maori rights, but its possible that if they take things too far,they're going to get one hell of a shock & find that out.

And really, as to the Auckland transport problems, its a kind of cowardice on their part to not really do anything much to fix it  - & certainly nothing likely to really help n the long term.

So what did Labour do to improve Auckland Public Transport?  Oh yeah - they added 10c a litre of extra tax and spent 225 million on consultants- more if you include the bike Harbour crossing for 56 million.

So far the coalition have done exactly what they campaigned on - shock, horror.

(18-01-2024, 11:35 AM)harm_less Wrote: She tells it like many of us see it. Interesting that Stuff seems to have done away with their comments function with the new website format. Too much mentally challenging comments for their moderators?

Stuff have dropped Comments for a long time - or they would post an article with comments and close them within minutes.  

By many of us - I guess you mean your tiny cabal here?  Not exactly taking the pulse of the nation.

Maybe you mean those in the comments section of The Standard?