Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon speaks to media from Ratana
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/l...ZQP7YH3EM/

Interesting times...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/l...ZQP7YH3EM/

"Luxon said it was parents’ responsibility to keep children in education every day, citing how many children weren’t regularly at school.
“The bottom line is, [those children] don’t get the same opportunities…as a result of that.”

Luxon is now listing the Government’s education policies, saying they were an example of the Government wanting to work together.
He didn’t want to “give out handouts” to help people get ahead, instead, he wanted to provide opportunity."

Marama Davidson urged Prime Minister Christopher Luxon to “listen to Māori” and “shouldn’t say much at all”.

She claimed the coalition and in particular Act leader David Seymour, were “appealing to the worst of us” through their proposed policies, which include the bill that sought to redefine the Treaty principles.”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
As I've said before these guys are only interested in profits for themselves and their business mates, however they appear it's just a guise for underlying venal motives.

So disappointed in Winston Peters, Mr Muldoon thought he would become Prime Minister one day but it seems unlikely now.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(25-01-2024, 10:14 PM)zqwerty Wrote: As I've said before these guys are only interested in profits for themselves and their business mates, however they appear it's just a guise for underlying venal motives.

So disappointed in Winston Peters, Mr Muldoon thought he would become Prime Minister one day but it seems unlikely now.

Yes, they're Neo Liberal to the core & so profit is all that matters to them, whatever they claim.

I think Winston as PM would be a nightmare. Dodgy Rolleyes Big Grin