Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U N court ordres Israel to ensure no acts of genocide
Which imo doesn't go far enough. They should have ordered an immediate ceasefire & charged both Netanyahu & his govt & Hamas leaders with war crimes & allowed peace groups  to work on finding a peaceful solution.

These are fine words, but nowhere near enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/j...ed-in-gaza

"The UN’s international court of justice has ordered Israel to ensure its forces do not commit acts of genocide against Palestinians in Gaza, in a historic decision.

In an interim judgment delivered on Friday, the president of the court, Joan Donoghue, said Israel must “take all measures within its power” to prevent acts that fall within the scope of the genocide convention and must ensure “with immediate effect” that its forces do not commit any of the acts covered by the convention.

The court stopped short of granting South Africa’s request to order an immediate ceasefire to the war, which has destroyed much of the Gaza Strip and killed more than 25,000 Palestinians, according to Gaza health authorities.

The ruling is not the final word from the court on whether Israel’s actions amount to genocide, but it provides a strong indication that the judges believe there is a credible risk to Palestinians under the genocide convention. Granting South Africa’s application for special measures, the court did not have to find whether Israel had committed genocide, which will be determined at a later date, but only that its acts were capable of falling within the genocide convention and that urgent preventive action was necessary."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Wet bus ticket time.
(27-01-2024, 12:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Wet bus ticket time.

Yes exactly - Netanyahu gets to carry on as usual. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well the last ceasefire dint last long the hamas fired rockets into Israel . Cant see this ending peacefully only hope it doesnt escalte into a ME
war but with Yemen now targeting shipping & Iran putting warships into the red sae Icant see any end in sight Idid read some EUcountries may also put warships in there to protect shipping , plus the Somali pirates are at it agian hijacking ships & holding crews ashore for ransom .
We can be an unpleasant species sometimes...