Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's really running this country?
Looks to me like Chippy has more answers than anyone else in the House today. Brownlee and Luxon being schooled.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1752542602329739737
(31-01-2024, 05:03 PM)harm_less Wrote: Looks to me like Chippy has more answers than anyone else in the House today. Brownlee and Luxon being schooled.

Oh dear, not a good look. Rolleyes

Although to be fair,they're still new to the job, so plenty of room for improvement.

Whether or not we'll see any is another thing.....
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(31-01-2024, 05:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(31-01-2024, 05:03 PM)harm_less Wrote: Looks to me like Chippy has more answers than anyone else in the House today. Brownlee and Luxon being schooled.

Oh dear, not a good look. Rolleyes

Although to be fair,they're still new to the job, so plenty of room for improvement.

Whether or not we'll see any is another thing.....
Luxon really needs to get his shit together quick. Winnie's body language and expression leaves no doubt as to what he thinks of Luxon's ineptitude. Luxon is definitely not running this circus!
Luxon is a corporate lackey, being able to run a large business in no way qualifies a person to be able to run a country.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(31-01-2024, 10:06 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is a corporate lackey, being able to run a large business in no way qualifies a person to be able to run a country.

He's obviously used to having lackeys do his donkey work.
I do have other cameras!
(31-01-2024, 10:06 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is a corporate lackey, being able to run a large business in no way qualifies a person to be able to run a country.

I rather think he's starting to realise that...

And Winnie's having a wonderful time. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

You know who isn't running it?

Labour.  Hooray!
(02-02-2024, 03:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

You know who isn't running it?

Labour.  Hooray!

Some people just encourage failure and mediocrity - you must be one of them.
I do have other cameras!
(02-02-2024, 03:51 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 03:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: You know who isn't running it?

Labour.  Hooray!

Some people just encourage failure and mediocrity - you must be one of them.

And some people can't seem to accept that the voters spoke - and Labour/Greens/TPM weren't the choice.   You must be one of them.
(02-02-2024, 03:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 03:51 PM)Praktica Wrote: Some people just encourage failure and mediocrity - you must be one of them.

And some people can't seem to accept that the voters spoke - and Labour/Greens/TPM weren't the choice.   You must be one of them.
Yes, National and their coalition partners got voted in. We're still waiting for them to competently put their governing into practice. They're behaving like a group of complete novices, particularly so in Luxon's case which is the point I was raising by posting this thread.
(02-02-2024, 05:05 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 03:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And some people can't seem to accept that the voters spoke - and Labour/Greens/TPM weren't the choice.   You must be one of them.
Yes, National and their coalition partners got voted in. We're still waiting for them to competently put their governing into practice. They're behaving like a group of complete novices, particularly so in Luxon's case which is the point I was raising by posting this thread.

Well as the Mainland Cheese boys say - "good things take time".
Hmmmm, and here comes Chloe... ?
(02-02-2024, 05:08 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 05:05 PM)harm_less Wrote: Yes, National and their coalition partners got voted in. We're still waiting for them to competently put their governing into practice. They're behaving like a group of complete novices, particularly so in Luxon's case which is the point I was raising by posting this thread.

Good things? You must be some sort of pervert...
I do have other cameras!
(02-02-2024, 05:08 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 05:05 PM)harm_less Wrote: Yes, National and their coalition partners got voted in. We're still waiting for them to competently put their governing into practice. They're behaving like a group of complete novices, particularly so in Luxon's case which is the point I was raising by posting this thread.

I believe that its three years, each govt term... not long at all really. Rolleyes

(02-02-2024, 05:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hmmmm, and here comes Chloe... ?

And that's going to be extremely interesting, I think. 

I'd really like to believe that she won't be subjected to the same nastiness that's been dished out recently to other women politicians; I can't recall the same level of vileness being aimed at other politicians to such an extent.
(02-02-2024, 06:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 05:08 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Well as the Mainland Cheese boys say - "good things take time".

I believe that its three years, each govt term... not long at all really. Rolleyes
We were promised all manner of improvements during the election campaign and here we are watching the impotent efforts of a damp quib, a self important libertarian and a geriatric cooker, with the aforementioned squib very much in the back seat.
I would like to see her publish any of that crap, so everyone can see it.
(02-02-2024, 06:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would like to see her publish any of that crap, so everyone can see it.
A good strategy. Sunlight being the best disinfectant and those keyboard warriors will be revealed for the snivelling, toxic individuals that they are. I'm guessing most of them won't have the intelligence to be able to cover their digital tracks so would be exposed for all to see.
(02-02-2024, 06:36 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 06:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would like to see her publish any of that crap, so everyone can see it.
A good strategy. Sunlight being the best disinfectant and those keyboard warriors will be revealed for the snivelling, toxic individuals that they are. I'm guessing most of them won't have the intelligence to be able to cover their digital tracks so would be exposed for all to see.

World Rugby has been tracking down and prosecuting the online trolls that targeted match officials and teams...  Seems like we might be reaching a tipping point in this space, might not be long before there is a coordinated effort worldwide to identify and prosecute trolls in all spheres, not just Rugby...

and in related news...
Quote:The five CEOs of Meta, X, Snap, Discord and TikTok spent their mornings getting ripped to shreds by senators. The subject of the hearing was the spread of child sexual exploitation online and the tech companies’ failure to protect kids from predators. Although each of the tech chiefs drew the ire of the 21-member Senate Judiciary Committee, Mark Zuckerberg stood at the center of the firing line.

Senator Lindsey Graham told the Meta CEO he had “blood on his hands.” Senator Ted Cruz discussed a damning screenshot of an Instagram warning screen about sexual abuse that gave users a choice to “get resources” or “see results anyway.” Senator Josh Hawley even called on Zuckerberg to apologize directly to the families whose children were harmed by his platform’s algorithm. Zuckerberg acquiesced, turning around to address the crowd as they held up pictures of the victims:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...ing-change
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(02-02-2024, 06:36 PM)harm_less Wrote:

That would surely discourage the idiots who like to denigrate others while remaining anonymous; its difficult to understand people who make such horrible comments.