Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubiquiti edgeemax router, any experts?
Got one of these I'm trying to set up on 2degrees, have set vlan to 10 with dhcp, etc.
Router says its connected, but does not display any IP address.
There is a ton of variables you can change on these routers, so was wondering if there is something else I've missed?
The only time I had problems with Ubiquiti, was when we put in a new System, and attached 2 x48 port switches. The guy who was helping went into the router someplace ( I wasn't watching) and he went got ya ! There was something that had not been turned on from what I gather. ( not much help I know) Next thing the Switches lite up like a Christmas tree.

Found though on gowireless "In New Zealand we have two common methods of providing 1Gbps Fibre internet; PPPoE with VLAN 10 and DHCP with VLAN 10 (sometimes referred to as IPoE)."

Have you tried PPPoE instead  ??

Other wise give Gowireless a call, last time I had a problem they were rather helpful, pointed in the right direction

Their site GoWirless

Edited: Assume you have checked all the Settings for  2 degrees ??  AND do you have a Static IP or Dynamic ??

Settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(04-02-2024, 09:41 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: The only time I had problems with Ubiquiti, was when we put in a new System, and attached 2 x48 port switches. The guy who was helping went into the router someplace ( I wasn't watching) and he went got ya ! There was something that had not been turned on from what I gather. ( not much help I know) Next thing the Switches lite up like a Christmas tree.

Found though on gowireless "In New Zealand we have two common methods of providing 1Gbps Fibre internet; PPPoE with VLAN 10 and DHCP with VLAN 10 (sometimes referred to as IPoE)."

Other wise give Gowireless a call, last time I had a problem they were rather helpful, pointed in the right direction

Their site GoWirless

Edited: Assume you have checked all the Settings for  2 degrees ??  AND do you have a Static IP or Dynamic ??

Settings
Yeah, 2degrees specify dhcp and vlan 10.
 There were a couple of other settings they quote too but don't see it on the configuration page, but there is probably something I've missed.
These were 802.2Q enabled and 802.1P =0
Might talk to gowireless tomorrow.
I'm guessing its something to do with vlan tagging,  etc.
(04-02-2024, 02:05 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 09:41 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: The only time I had problems with Ubiquiti, was when we put in a new System, and attached 2 x48 port switches. The guy who was helping went into the router someplace ( I wasn't watching) and he went got ya ! There was something that had not been turned on from what I gather. ( not much help I know) Next thing the Switches lite up like a Christmas tree.

Their site GoWirless

Settings
Yeah, 2degrees specify dhcp and vlan 10.
 There were a couple of other settings they quote too but don't see it on the configuration page, but there is probably something I've missed.
These were 802.2Q enabled and 802.1P =0
Might talk to gowireless tomorrow.
I'm guessing its something to do with vlan tagging,  etc.
Like most things it will be one thing missed ( or not known about) then when activated, all hell breaks loose Big Grin
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.