Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is NZ first performing so badly in the polls?
It was him to thank for putting Jacinda into power, but seems everyone has forgotten that fact.

Since she is so popular, you would think that NZ first would have gotten some credit?
He will be back!
Voters are probably struggling to come up with things that Peters achieved during the past few years. The media painted him as begrudgingly doing what Labour wanted and disagreeing most of the time with the Greens.

Granted the armed forces do have some shiny new bits and bobs (which we rarely see), and the racing industry got itself some much-needed money (see that Collins announced some racing policy today - they're a fairly right-leaning lot, so she didn't have to announce much), but that doesn't excite the usual Ma & Pa voter.

Not sure where Winston's traditional voter base of older people have drifted to. Some seniors have been a bit fearful of Covid so they might have gone to where they felt safe (Ardern has well and truly mothered the nation), whereas others probably didn't appreciate being cooped up so would have gone to the blue party. Can't see them drifting to the fringe parties, but the old ones can always be a little unpredictable. Gotta love 'em!
Quite possible.

One thing voters forget is that a second term without NZF would mean labour and the greens can run rife, NZF stopped a capital gains tax for example.
(03-10-2020, 02:27 PM)nzoomed Wrote: It was him to thank for putting Jacinda into power, but seems everyone has forgotten that fact.

Since she is so popular, you would think that NZ first would have gotten some credit?

Many haven't forgotten how the PM got into power and that is why he isn't doing well in the Polls.  She might be popular with some who enjoy getting sprayed with fairy dust along with hugs, smiles and 'be kind' 'team of 5 million' plus other slogans we have heard so often they mean nothing now and some of us have learnt that although she talks well she says absolutely nothing.  I hope if Labour get back in they are intelligent enough to fix the financial mess they have put us in.
"I hope if Labour get back in they are intelligent enough to fix the financial mess they have put us in."

Ya must be dreamin'.  Shy
(05-10-2020, 08:50 PM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: "I hope if Labour get back in they are intelligent enough to fix the financial mess they have put us in."

Ya must be dreamin'.  Shy

Nah, just waiting to see if there is a reaction, I don't want them back at all but whoever gets in it's going to be tough for all of us.
I trust Labour more than Judith's Christian Party  Tongue
(05-10-2020, 07:42 PM)Kacee Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:27 PM)nzoomed Wrote: It was him to thank for putting Jacinda into power, but seems everyone has forgotten that fact.

Many haven't forgotten how the PM got into power and that is why he isn't doing well in the Polls.  She might be popular with some who enjoy getting sprayed with fairy dust along with hugs, smiles and 'be kind' 'team of 5 million' plus other slogans we have heard so often they mean nothing now and some of us have learnt that although she talks well she says absolutely nothing.  I hope if Labour get back in they are intelligent enough to fix the financial mess they have put us in.
Its an easy fix, just do what Australia are planning to do and take back any Chinese owned assets!
(06-10-2020, 08:07 AM)thephoenix Wrote: I trust Labour more than Judith's Christian Party  Tongue
well why wouldnt you, look at their talent pool, take twyford for instance, is there anything he cant f@#k up
yes i know
(08-10-2020, 05:24 AM)jim157 Wrote: take twyford for instance, is there anything he cant f@#k up

Show me a party without failures, and you might as well show me a unicorn. Do you really want me to get started on the Nats best and brightest? I can, but first, where are they?

Semi-related, was just looking at Twyford's Te Atatu electorate. Basically always been Labour expect when Brian Neeson won it in 1990. Next election he won in Waitakere, the next Waipareira, and then Waitakere. In 2002, he sought nomination in Helensville but was narrowly beaten 32-28 by some merchant banker called John Key thanks to some, ahem, "dealings" by Michelle Boag. Things could have been so different!

That was then . . . and this is NOW.

Too many years and too many conspiracy theories from the poor OLD man.

He'll love it in a rest home . . . even if the other inhabitants don't love him. Wink