Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Box
American, writes the most delightfully engrossing back country set thrillers, involving game wardens and sheriffs, with a bit of homespun domestics thrown in for good measure.

He has written lots of novels, and is still going, so with luck I will not run out of entertainment to keep me amused between science fiction doorstops.

Wonderful stuff, recommended.  Heart
Yes, I like his stuff, although it's been awhile. So, OK, I'll check him out again.

Another one is Steven F Havill and the Posadas County series, I've read all we have in the library, but there are more. Staring Sherriff Bill Gastner, and halfway through the series he retires and his elegant deputy Estella Reyes-Guzman takes over. Subtle dynamics for an American author, so good reads. Estella raises an eyebrow...American authors don't usually notice such things, but it speaks volumes.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Thank you! Reserved one, I shall check it out...
Thanks Hunni.   I'm nearly at the end of the D C I Logan series so I'll give this a try next.  I do like a meaty but undemanding crime procedural.
I find them like chocolate Olive. Very satisfying, effortless to consume, and impossible to put down. And not unintelligent either, considering the genre.