Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't access Countdown/W'worths web page
Hi guys, 

For the last week or so, I've been unable to access the Countdown/Woolworths site thru Chrome. I'll either get a message like "400 BAD REQUEST Request header or Cookie too large' or something equally daft, or just a white page with the Woolworths 'W' logo in the middle, and nothing happening. 

If I use Edge, it'll get me further in but when I try to log in I get "Error: Proxy timeout" with a webpage code to quote to someone or something ...

Google has been no help. I've tried deleting cookies but I've run out of ideas. The only thing that has changed recently is their new loyalty card, but I can't see what this has to be with me not accessing their site.

I've even clicked on links in emails recvd from them, but that doesn't help either.

Any ideas? This is doing my head in.
reboot the modem if you haven't already - it might seem counterintuitive if it is the only site you have problem with but i've seen some fairly obscure issues magically sort themselves out afterwards...

CTRL F5 to force a full page refresh might help as well
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Might be a mouse issue...

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Try an incognito window and see what that does
(18-02-2024, 08:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Might be a mouse issue...

Very clever.

(18-02-2024, 09:28 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Try an incognito window and see what that does

What the hell!?!?!?...that worked!

So Mr Guru - why did that work, and more importnantly, how do I make it work as a non-incognito page?
My tablet did that with the Stuff website, and I used incognito for months. Then I cleaned up all the cookies and cleared history, which was a pain, but after that Stuff was fine. Now it's a couple of other sites but I'm ignoring those...

Gremlins.
More than likely cookies or outdated temp files etc. Just tried the Mrs Woolworths login ( in Edge) straight in no problem at all.

Try running disk cleanup - System files - tick everything, usually there will be several GB's of crap.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(18-02-2024, 09:57 AM)allblack Wrote:
(18-02-2024, 08:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Might be a mouse issue...

Very clever.

(18-02-2024, 09:28 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Try an incognito window and see what that does

So Mr Guru - why did that work, and more importnantly, how do I make it work as a non-incognito page?
Incognito mode runs a fresh session with no temp files or cookies.
Cookies would have been my first guess, but its also possible you have a browser addon/extension causing issues. Do you use any adblockers, etc?
(21-02-2024, 12:05 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(18-02-2024, 09:57 AM)allblack Wrote: Very clever.

Incognito mode runs a fresh session with no temp files or cookies.
Cookies would have been my first guess, but its also possible you have a browser addon/extension causing issues. Do you use any adblockers, etc?

Nooooo.....too complicated for me. I just use what comes out of the box. I'll suss out a cookie deletion process and see where that ends me up.

Cheers
D/loaded and ran CCleaner, and we're all up and running.

Thanks to those for your help.