Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labour, where the bloody hell are ya?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3501831...ell-are-ya

Must be exceptionally bad when  Labour's main cheer leader calls them out for poor performance.  Especially unhappy with Hipkins.

Meanwhile 2 polls have National and Act inceasing their election position, including Labour's own polling.   Yet a number here would try to have people believe that support for the coalition is poor - certainly the media attempted to make it that way.  Long may it last that Hipkins continues to struggle.  Fingers crossed Labour will wander in the wasteland with the Greens and TPM for the next 8 plus years.
National's non payment of the heating subsidy this Winter will change a few minds.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Have they said they are not paying it?
Not so far; also same thing with prescription costs.

I'm waiting for the screaming to start on both of those decisions.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It can't be far off; surely Labour knows that this govt of callous bastards will cause deprivation to those already struggling & they need to speak up about that.
And quite loudly. What with that being their job.

And why the devil hasn't Labour or even the Greens, (or better yet, both together) come out & very loudly condemned Neo liberalism which has done such huge damage to this & other countries? That surely would give them a strong base - just pointing out all the damage could take up the entire term of this govt.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Ummm Lilith7, the reason Labour says nothing on the subject of Neo-Liberalism is because it was their ministers who introduced the crazy scheme to NZ, namely roger douglas, richard prebble and failing us in what could have been his finest moment, david lange. (lower case deliberate for them all)

May the first two names live in infamy forever, utter scum, david at least had some charm, pity he showed no guts (metaphorically) when it was most required after all the good work he did assisting poor people in Mangare.
(19-02-2024, 11:29 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Ummm Lilith7, the reason Labour says nothing on the subject of Neo-Liberalism is because it was their ministers who introduced the crazy scheme to NZ, namely roger douglas, richard prebble and failing us in what could have been his finest moment, david lange.  (lower case deliberate for them all)

May the first two names live in infamy forever, utter scum, david at least had some charm, pity he showed no guts (metaphorically) when it was most required after all the good work he did assisting poor people in Mangare.

But that's exactly the point, Labour, under the influence of BloodyRogerBloodyDouglas, was the party first responsible for inflicting Neoliberalism here. To their never ending shame, they took what was once the party for working people & warped it into what we now have.

And frankly, if its good enough for Jim Bolger who's clearly a Tory through & through,  to somehow eventually, belatedly, summon the guts to speak up & say they were wrong, then surely someone - anyone - from Labour could manage to do likewise.

And preferably, announce their intention to do their best to swiftly remove that evil system when re elected. I think they'd be surprised by the number of votes they might gain.

I veer between thinking that Douglas & his mates ought to be tried for crimes against humanity, & thinking they should all get medals, for showing us & the world, what happens when greed is given free rein... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-02-2024, 10:13 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Not so far;  also same thing with prescription costs.

I'm waiting for the screaming to start on both of those decisions.
Add to that the imposition of RUCs plus increased ETS taxation on owners of petrol vehicles. Also the electricity providers are already warning of increases in pricing within the next year.

Luxon's "fragile economy" comments at the weekend are a clear indication that they intend to inflict some financial pain on their voters, in order to fund the promises that Grant Robertson maintained weren't possible within their economic model. Standard National playbook stuff.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/509...s-plummets

Third poll and this one especially bad for Hipkins
(19-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/509...s-plummets

and nothing else of interest to report from that article?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-02-2024, 07:17 PM)king1 Wrote:
(19-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/509...s-plummets

and nothing else of interest to report from that article?

I am sure you can come up with a few things
Chloe for PM!
Indeed, we need to get rid of these stick in the mud old male politicians and their ancient ways.
(19-02-2024, 08:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Chloe for PM!

She could hardly do worse than this or the previous lot..

Liklihood of this happening.......0%
Lucky I'm not a betting woman....

Bad news for labor, but I hope that he stays as leader for a while yet, it will ensure they don't get re-elected for a very long time.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(20-02-2024, 05:32 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

Liklihood of this happening.......0%

You may live long enough to eat that prediction. If you are lucky...