Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Sharp last night (Wed 21 Feb)
I usually record Seven Sharp but for some reason last night's episode wasn't recorded.   Did anyone watch it?   I was wondering if they would acknowledge the death of Efeso Collins given that on Tuesday they ran a long and flippant piece about the fundraiser that he died participating in.

Or did they maybe cancel the whole episode out of respect?
There was no 7 Sharp last night because they had live coverage of a cricket game which TVNZ cut the news short for also.
Ahh yes, sport always takes precedence...
A stroke of luck for Seven Sharp, which would otherwise have struggled with its usual cheery/flippant tone.
(22-02-2024, 08:33 AM)harm_less Wrote: There was no 7 Sharp last night because they had live coverage of a cricket game which TVNZ cut the news short for also.

Yeah the cricket was scheduled, i expect they might cover it on tonight's show instead.
(22-02-2024, 09:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ahh yes, sport always takes precedence...

Well, you know it IS the national religion.. Rolleyes Dodgy

It might be interesting if we were to have actual news, with no sports at all. 

Perhaps even an entire channel for sports & nothing else, so easy for the rest of us to avoid. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)