Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps property mya be at risk
It just seems to go on & on...

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/02/23/donal...raud-debt/

"Donald Trump could be at risk of losing some of his prized properties if he can’t pay his staggering New York civil fraud penalty.
With interest, he owes New York state nearly NZ$732 million — and the amount is going up NZ$141,177 each day until the former US president pays.
New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she will seek to seize some of the former president's assets if he's unable to cover the bill from Judge Arthur Engoron's ruling.
Engoron concluded that Trump lied for years about his wealth as he built the real estate empire that vaulted him to stardom and the White House. Trump denies wrongdoing and has vowed to appeal.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James, a Democrat, said in an interview with ABC reporter Aaron Katersky.

Trump's ability to pay his mounting legal debts is increasingly murky after back-to-back courtroom losses.

Trump claimed last year that he has about NZ$645 million in cash — reserves that would get eaten up by his court penalties.
The rest of his net worth, which he says is several billion dollars, is tied up in golf courses, skyscrapers and other properties, along with investments and other holdings.
Trump's promised appeal is likely to halt collection of his penalty while the process plays out.
Seizing assets is a common legal tactic when a defendant can't access enough cash to pay a civil penalty.
Trump could avoid losing assets to seizure if he has enough cash — or is able to free up enough cash — to pay his penalty and mounting interest."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I heard that yesterday and grinned...

Fingers crossed!
(23-02-2024, 04:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I heard that yesterday and grinned...

Fingers crossed!

Indeed...I do try not to ill wish people, but in his case (& a few others) I'm willing to make an exception...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Becoming poor could be the saving of him.

And the world.
(23-02-2024, 07:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Becoming poor could be the saving of him.

And the world.

Could be - although I'm not entirely sure he's capable of that kind of learning.
(24-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(23-02-2024, 07:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Becoming poor could be the saving of him.

And the world.

Could be - although I'm not entirely sure he's capable of that kind of learning.
With supporters this brainwashed education may be a big ask Rolleyes 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1761263340280480152
(27-02-2024, 02:33 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(24-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Could be - although I'm not entirely sure he's capable of that kind of learning.
With supporters this brainwashed education may be a big ask Rolleyes 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1761263340280480152

That's really scary - whatever he says or does is just fine with them but let anyone say the same things & that's different...somehow.. Rolleyes

SO glad I don't live there.
The same sort of thing has been done with Biden supporters. It's not difficult to find blind "no matter what" supporters of any politician anywhere, nor does making a compilation of them prove anything meaningful.
(28-02-2024, 08:19 PM)dken31 Wrote: The same sort of thing has been done with Biden supporters. It's not difficult to find blind "no matter what" supporters of any politician anywhere, nor does making a compilation of them prove anything meaningful.

They're basically all bastards... Rolleyes Big Grin

What's needed are people who would never in a million years become a politician & who would have to be carried,kicking & screaming & protesting into the Beehive... Rolleyes