Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lumber spine decongestion
Well, on 20 Feb I went under the knife at Middlemore for a L3, L4, L5 decongestion. Was discharged 25 Feb and confined to bed. The result will lead to a pain free future life, they say. The leg pains and some back pain leading up to the op were quite bad, and even with a walker, the use of bench tops, table tops and the like caused annoyance for SHMBO. Anyhow, It is over but the pain in the buttocks and hamstrings remain and makes getting out of bed and standing up a real difficulty. Also, guys, Young Willy has become so small he is quite hard to find and like the young, just when you NEED him so urinating into a Pee Bottle is fraught with anxiety. So, I now have 4 -6 weeks recuperation - such fun.
Hope you start feeling better soon.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Thank you. The term should have been Decompression.
sounds painful...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
You are braver than me. I have declined this procedure. Best of luck with rehab...
I'm afraid that the existing pain and inconvenience had become so bad that it was to bite the bullet or use one. The op itself wasn't that bad it is the recovery. I was sent home without any additional pain relief and have since seen my GP and was prescribed Tramadol and what a relief. This is day seven and I am now in the frame of mind to get back to my old routine. However, at 83 I had to jump through the hoops including detailed study of my heart, lungs and kidneys. before they considered that I could pass an operation. Nice to know that I wasn't in too bad a shape. Lucky for me that my wife has been more than capable looking after me.