Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A song, just released..
https://nickrockel.substack.com/p/lyin-luxon
I do have other cameras!
Darren does a great Elvis Costello impersonation.

"Seymour and his Atlas Crew".
I think it would be no bad thing to require that all MPs who have anything to do with setting benefit levels must themselves live on the lowest type of benefit for three months over winter each year they're in that position;this would surely infect some reality into their views...

And I believe that its far beyond time we changed donations to political parties. Limit the amount & make it compulsory to have that information be made public; who gives & how much.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-02-2024, 10:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think it would be no bad thing to require that all MPs who have anything to do with setting benefit levels must themselves live on the lowest type of benefit for three months over winter each year they're in that position;this would surely infect some reality into their views...

And I believe that its far beyond time we changed donations to political parties. Limit the amount & make it compulsory to have that information be made public; who gives & how much.

Obviously, these people with lots of money to pay off politicians aren't paying enough tax - we should fix that.
I do have other cameras!
(28-02-2024, 11:20 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(28-02-2024, 10:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think it would be no bad thing to require that all MPs who have anything to do with setting benefit levels must themselves live on the lowest type of benefit for three months over winter each year they're in that position;this would surely infect some reality into their views...

Obviously, these people with lots of money to pay off politicians aren't paying enough tax - we should fix that.

Now that is a truly excellent point. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)