Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon has his snout in the trough.
Time to get over it and move on.
This has become a political football.
Luxon chose to live in his own apartment so is missing out on the rent he would get from it had he been living in premier house.
I dont blame him for not choosing to reside there too, sounds like its a bit run down and here they are now talking about renovations, perhaps they should scrutinize how much that's going to cost instead?

It's not like luxon gets much for his job either in the grand scheme of things, they said on the radio it's about $450k per year.
This job consumes his life 24/7, he is giving up alot to get this country out of the shit.
I honestly thought it would pay more than that.
He likely got paid more as CEO for air new zealand than prime Minister, so its pretty clear money is not his motivation either.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(05-03-2024, 08:59 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Time to get over it and move on.
Luxon chose to live in his own apartment so is missing out on the rent he would get from it had he been living in premier house.
I dont blame him for not choosing to reside there too, sounds like its a bit run down and here they are now talking about renovations, perhaps they should scrutinize how much that's going to cost instead?

It's not like luxon gets much for his job either in the grand scheme of things, they said on the radio it's about $450k per year.
This job consumes his life 24/7, he is giving up alot to get this country out of the shit.
He likely got paid more as CEO for air new zealand than prime Minister, so its pretty clear money is not his motivation either.

We're paying this fuckwit to make things worse!
I do have other cameras!
It is a weird world when someone can say $450,000 is not much.

And no, money probably isn't his motivation. Power is. So what does that say about his personality type?

Clearly not money - he's a member of the 'Upper Room' & so will have those particular religious views; (they believe in demons incidentally) much like the religious right in America but perhaps (hopefully) not as extreme...but just as clearly, what he does want is power.

Which should be enought to make any sane person extremely wary... Dodgy

(06-03-2024, 07:29 AM)Praktica Wrote:

We're paying this fuckwit to make things worse!

I couldn't have said it better... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-03-2024, 07:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is a weird world when someone can say $450,000 is not much.

And no, money probably isn't his motivation. Power is. So what does that say about his personality type?

Its not much for the job.
So Ardern and Hipkins didnt want the job for the power?
That woman had so much power and look what she did to this country, and then just walks away when she doesnt want to deal with the repercussions.
(06-03-2024, 12:18 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 07:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is a weird world when someone can say $450,000 is not much.

That woman had so much power and look what she did to this country, and then just walks away when she doesnt want to deal with the repercussions.

I doubt she walked - quite likely she was nudged, given labour probably wanted a fighting chance at winning the election - unfortunately there was too much hate and vitriol associated with her at the time.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-03-2024, 12:18 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

How dreadful, to have managed to somehow get us through a volcanic eruption in which people were killed, a pandemic in which people died & a terrorist attack in which people were murdered, yep, just dreadful... Rolleyes

Its highly unlikely that another leader could have done as well, dealing with such difficult,tragic events. 

Particularly the present PM, who incidentally has precisely the same amouint of power...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Uh huh, told ya so...

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/06/incre...sing-govt/
(06-03-2024, 03:23 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Uh huh, told ya so...

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/06/incre...sing-govt/

There will be 'increased scrutiny' on virtually everyone not wealthy & voting right wing...

Stasi anyone.. Big Grin Big Grin

I suspect this may in future be used to chuck people off any waiting list they may be on, or label them as 'not qualifying for' whatever it might be.
Yes, I am doubly blessed by having security of tenancy and income. Sometimes being old is a good thing.
(06-03-2024, 12:31 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:18 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Its not much for the job.

I doubt she walked - quite likely she was nudged, given labour probably wanted a fighting chance at winning the election - unfortunately there was too much hate and vitriol associated with her at the time.
She destroyed people's lives, not exactly a surprise.

(06-03-2024, 02:22 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:18 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Its not much for the job.

How dreadful, to have managed to somehow get us through a volcanic eruption in which people were killed, a pandemic in which people died & a terrorist attack in which people were murdered, yep, just dreadful... Rolleyes

Its highly unlikely that another leader could have done as well, dealing with such difficult,tragic events. 

Particularly the present PM, who incidentally has precisely the same amouint of power...

The money blown on covid could have upgraded the hospitals and saved way more lives.
Covid was a joke, just a bunch of propaganda full of fear, guilt and obligation to get the masses to comply.
Whose lives did Ardern destroy?

Not mine that's for sure. Quite the opposite. She made sure my life and those of many of my vulnerable elderly friends were protected, and we remain very grateful for her political courage in doing so. That political courage was evident around the world, so not just us biased New Zealanders thought she was a pretty wonderful leader. Hard shoes to fill, pity we don't have more like her just yet.

Till Chloe gets a few more years behind her that is.
(06-03-2024, 09:54 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:31 PM)king1 Wrote: I doubt she walked - quite likely she was nudged, given labour probably wanted a fighting chance at winning the election - unfortunately there was too much hate and vitriol associated with her at the time.

(06-03-2024, 02:22 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: How dreadful, to have managed to somehow get us through a volcanic eruption in which people were killed, a pandemic in which people died & a terrorist attack in which people were murdered, yep, just dreadful... Rolleyes

The money blown on covid could have upgraded the hospitals and saved way more lives.
Covid was a joke, just a bunch of propaganda full of fear, guilt and obligation to get the masses to comply.

if covid was a joke then the noise level from all that laughter in Heaven must be deafening...

But think about it... if we hadn't spent all that coin on covid response, yes we could have upgraded the hospitals, but that comes at huge upfront costs (not a priority or in the budget at the time) and importantly takes years to complete and the start would be delayed because of  minor pandemic issues.  After that time countless more tens or hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders would be dead.  

That impacts number of taxpayers and revenue generation needed to fund the much higher ongoing costs of our shiney new upgraded hospitals which would probably still be stretched to the max anyway dealing with all those that didn't die...   

unless depopulation is the main aim it doesn't make any sense...

(06-03-2024, 09:54 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:31 PM)king1 Wrote: I doubt she walked - quite likely she was nudged, given labour probably wanted a fighting chance at winning the election - unfortunately there was too much hate and vitriol associated with her at the time.

(06-03-2024, 02:22 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: How dreadful, to have managed to somehow get us through a volcanic eruption in which people were killed, a pandemic in which people died & a terrorist attack in which people were murdered, yep, just dreadful... Rolleyes

Dear Jaysus - what utter cobblers!

WHOSE life precisely, did she 'destroy?!'  Details of destruction of life...??

The exact opposite -  that she saved lives, could be claimed with considerably more accuracy. 

But you may be right in that the money which HAD to be used for covid could well have been used to help our gutted health system. The alternative to using it for covid though, would have very likely meant many more deaths  however, & I don't think most of us would be comfortable with that. Dodgy

(07-03-2024, 08:05 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Whose lives did Ardern destroy?

Not mine that's for sure. Quite the opposite. She made sure my life and those of many of my vulnerable elderly friends were protected, and we remain very grateful for her political courage in doing so. That political courage was evident around the world, so not just us biased New Zealanders thought she was a pretty wonderful leader. Hard shoes to fill, pity we don't have more like her just yet.

Till Chloe gets a few more years behind her that is.

I wish she'd hurry up, I'd really like to still be around & see how she brings about the changes needed. Wink

Not to mention the chagrin of the greeders.. Rolleyes Big Grin
Those whos business went under due to lockdowns and those that lost their jobs from vaccine mandates, that's who.
(08-03-2024, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
Those whos business went under due to lockdowns and those that lost their jobs from vaccine mandates, that's who.

unfortunate for those businesses but adapt or die is how it rocks in the business world...  I'd hazard a guess most of them probably would have folded without the lockdown anyway due to economic issues or just plain bad management... 

As for those losing their jobs from the vaccine mandates?  I for one have no sympathy for them, just idiots...

Lives destroyed?  inflammatory garbage...

(08-03-2024, 12:25 PM)king1 Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Those whos business went under due to lockdowns and those that lost their jobs from vaccine mandates, that's who.

Lives destroyed?  inflammatory garbage...

That's what you get when you harbour trolls.
I do have other cameras!
Ah well, even they need a safe place to hang out!

(08-03-2024, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

You do realise that jobs and businesses are human inventions, along with the lifestyles they support? So, it follows that they are not really essential to life, and can be replaced or rebuilt. Unlike the ability to breathe.

Now, losing that does destroy life.
An Ode to the tenant of Premier house

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/03/10/an-ode...ier-house/

"Home is where the heart is
A great announcement is to be made.
Trumpets blare and emeralds glitter
As King Luxon the Aspirational
Strides purposefully into his media conference.
A lone scribe from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Sits in row ten.
“I have a dream!” Pronounces the King.
“No longer will the shagpile carpet be threadbare,
No longer shall the weatherboards flake paint!
No longer shall disenfranchised young families
Struggle with outmoded entertainment systems!
No longer shall children shiver
In cold and mouldy bedrooms!
No longer will Christmas entertaining
Be a sub-par experience for in-laws!
No longer will we have to stare
At tired 1980s Laura Ashley wallpaper!
No longer will we be condemned to co-habit
Ten to a room in disreputable neighbourhoods!
Change is coming to the Kingdom! Lo!
We are entitled to something better
Than these mean and degrading hovels!”
The lone media scribe shouts from the distance.
“O King! Does this mean a Royal Initiative
Of building new hovels for the people?”
The King stares quizzically.
“Who said anything about the people?”
Replies the monarch,
“I’m talking about me.”
A very accurate cartoon...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-listener/...n7cHagH0Mg