Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone problems
Exclamation 
Telephone problems
In my infinite wisdom, I decided to replace my Slingshot Modem and Netcomm Cloud Mesh with new ones bought through TradeMe (both brand new) I hate paying for something I could own. I had them both installed by a local technician from a computer shop. Every thing went fine for several days. Then yesterday evening the phone stopped working, giving off a sad disconnected tone. The modem is the same model as previously used. A Netcomm NF18 mesh and a Cloudmesh NS-01 being the Mesh. The old settings were transferred from the old modem to the new via a USB, with a few password changes. I rang Slingshot and was told that because it was not a Slingshot modem they could not access it to see what the problem might be. I was told the best they could do was make an alteration inside the connection box to route it differently to make it work. Is this correct and does it take several days to do this. My wife thinks I'm mad to wish to save $12 per month.

Royally screwed. The computer company said that if nothing had been altered by me, then they can't help. So I am stuck with a phone that does not work until someone at Slingshot, throws a switch. Is this true ?
doesn't really make sense, the settings will either work or they won't - first thing I would do is put the original slingshot modem back in place and see if it picks up the phone line. if its a 'no' then slingshot will be able to troubleshoot for you...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The original Modem etc have been returned to Slingshot.
This may sound silly, ( trust me I seen a LOT worse)  But is the phone actually connected into the  NF18 and not the Cloudmesh NS-01. ?  ( dont even know if its possible)

Going directly into the modem, even slingshot give setup instructions for it.

Slingshot Setup

The NS-01 is nothing more than a rebranded Orbi, troublesome even at the best of times, Seen many that are setup perfectly as per settings and simply fail to work consistent.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Hi Wainuitech, the wire is connected to the modem. Cheers
(07-03-2024, 09:56 AM)ruup Wrote: Hi Wainuitech, the wire is connected to the modem. Cheers

If the internets working OK and everything is plugged in correctly, then I would suspect its something to do with Slingshot, especially since it was working ( on the new setup), as king posted it either works or it doesn't.
Hi, internet is working fine, EXCEPT the phone. Was working and now not. Changed NOTHING
Sorted, thanks to all those who
replied with assistance. :-)
(08-03-2024, 07:19 AM)ruup Wrote: Sorted, thanks to all those who
replied with assistance. :-)

What was the problem ?