Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New docoumentary about Jacinda Adern
I'm sure this will provide some more fodder for the haters out there...

Quote:NZ Film Commission approves $800,000 public funding for new Jacinda Ardern documentary

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/nz-f...COUESZ3HY/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Cue hate and misogyny - and bullshit about the covid pandemic.
I do have other cameras!
Should sell well overseas.
The CTer's & misogynists will be going into overdrive.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5112...nline-hate

"The New Zealand Film Commission is putting $800,000 towards a documentary about former Prime Minister Dame Jacinda Ardern.
In a statement the Film Commission said the documentary explores the rise of violent extremism and online hate in New Zealand, while covering Dame Jacinda's leadership.
The commission said the documentary was not authorised nor endorsed by Dame Jacinda, and she has no editorial involvement.

"It is important to note this is not a biopic. Rather, the documentary explores the rise of violent extremism and online hate in New Zealand, following Jacinda Ardern's leadership trajectory as an example of how these forces played out through one of the most tumultuous periods in modern times.
"The documentary records a period of New Zealand's history."

The documentary is being produced by Emma Slade of Firefly Films, with the writer-directors Pietra Brettkelly and Justin Pemberton.
The Commission said Brettkelly and Pemberton were among New Zealand's most experienced documentary makers and the project was in the Commission's slate presented at Cannes Film Festival in May 2023 to potential international partners, under the name Jacindamania."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is interesting if anyone has overseas friends, to hear them speak about Ardern. The vast majority consider us one of the luckiest countries on the planet, in having such a leader.

Easy to understand considering the dipshits they got lumbered with.

But hey, nothing good lasts forever...
I think we had a very lucky escape really, it could have been far worse,
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(09-03-2024, 06:00 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is interesting if anyone has overseas friends, to hear them speak about Ardern. The vast majority consider us one of the luckiest countries on the planet, in having such a leader.

Easy to understand considering the dipshits they got lumbered with.

But hey, nothing good lasts forever...
A book I read back in the late 1990s, The Coming Plague by Laurie Garrett, pretty much predicted the COVID pandemic or something similar with rapid international travel, population density in large cities. increasing interactivity with animals including 'wild food', declining health levels due to dietary and lifestyle factors and disease vector drift due to climate change being the primary risk factors.

Commentary from Laurie during and since COVID was that the one factor that she hadn't expected was the extremely poor response of those in power (e.g. Trump, Johnson) in regards to the viruses control measures. Our government pretty much stood alone in its approach with many more Kiwis still above ground now as a result.
Yes the fact that we have the present government in power says a lot about kiwis in general as a group and shows how such a reaction to Jacinda's wonderful period in power could have taken place, in short, lots of idiots here just like everywhere else who are not even smart enough to keep their mouths shut when they are in the wrong but can't see it themselves.

The people who refused to vaccinate, to keep to themselves and avoid large groups, wear masks, wouldn't follow mandates and generally behaved in the most ridiculous way seemingly unaware how out of step they were with their smarter countrymen and women.

There are a number on this forum.

Penalties should be imposed for proven idiocy. I mean where were these people in their own minds when they were at school and growing up. Why don't they realize that perfection is not available in real life and sometimes doing nothing is the worst possible option. Having to choose the lesser of two evils is often the only choice available and whilst vaccination does carry risks not being vaccinated is even worse if one is unlucky and comes into contact with the virus. Also group immunity protects all of us as long as the percentage of vaccinated is high enough.

I really hate needles, I'm really scared every time I see a needle even on tv but I forced myself to go and be vaccinated because I knew it was for the best for me and for the group.

Kiwis are very reactionary unfortunately with no philosophy behind it except they don't like being told what to do and prefer to make up their own minds which is fine except when the threat is clearly defined and a group response which has stood the test of time is necessary for our very survival, putting others at risk by willful neglect or actions which are also clearly understood is not on the cards.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Really, its Hobson's choice when it comes to being vaccinated; its extremely foolish not to be vaccinated.
(10-03-2024, 10:17 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Really, its Hobson's choice when it comes to being vaccinated; its extremely foolish not to be vaccinated.

Foolish? I lived to tell the tale, don't know what the big deal was.
Been sicker with the common flu.
I respect my body and was not prepared to accept some experimental medical treatment that wasn't proven safe and effective.
I let everyone else be the guinea pig instead and sadly a couple of my friends regret having it.

As for the doco, it looks like a bunch of woke propaganda.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
That 'flu' canard is really common among deniers. They conflate their experience to everyone else's, which is really a sign of a lack of empathy and understanding. A headache can be a mild annoyance, or a full blown lethal event. Covid is the same, it affects everyone differently. And the fact is it killed a hell of a lot of people and cost the world a fortune in response and effect, a fortune we are only now starting to come back from.

And once again, it is plain ignorant to use the word 'woke' in that way. It too betrays both ignorance, and a tendency to follow like a sheep rather than bother to check out the source and meaning of a new term.

But hey, following is so much easier than risking education.
(10-03-2024, 11:13 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That 'flu' canard is really common among deniers. They conflate their experience to everyone else's, which is really a sign of a lack of empathy and understanding. A headache can be a mild annoyance, or a full blown lethal event. Covid is the same, it affects everyone differently. And the fact is it killed a hell of a lot of people and cost the world a fortune in response and effect, a fortune we are only now starting to come back from.

And once again, it is plain ignorant to use the word 'woke' in that way. It too betrays both ignorance, and a tendency to follow like a sheep rather than bother to check out the source and meaning of a new term.

Alpha killed a good number,  but not the subsequent delta and omnicron strains which the vaccine didn't protect you from.
Very mild symptoms with omnicron.
Too funny hearing today that Marama Davidson could not appear at Chloes press conference today because she is "off" with covid. Wonder how many shots of this "effective" vaccine she has had?
(10-03-2024, 12:27 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 11:13 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That 'flu' canard is really common among deniers. They conflate their experience to everyone else's, which is really a sign of a lack of empathy and understanding. A headache can be a mild annoyance, or a full blown lethal event. Covid is the same, it affects everyone differently. And the fact is it killed a hell of a lot of people and cost the world a fortune in response and effect, a fortune we are only now starting to come back from.

Alpha killed a good number,  but not the subsequent delta and omnicron strains which the vaccine didn't protect you from.
Too funny hearing today that Marama Davidson could not appear at Chloes press conference today because she is "off" with covid. Wonder how many shots of this "effective" vaccine she has had?

you think a vaccines sole purpose is to prevent you getting ill? 

anyway, from what i understand you are actually somewhat correct, the current generation of vaccines is less effective against the current strains of covid... I read/heard somewhere there is a new generation of vaccines in development/testing that should be ready for next winter

(10-03-2024, 12:36 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 12:27 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Alpha killed a good number,  but not the subsequent delta and omnicron strains which the vaccine didn't protect you from.

you think a vaccines sole purpose is to prevent you getting ill? 

anyway, from what i understand you are actually somewhat correct, the current generation of vaccines is less effective against the current strains of covid... I read/heard somewhere there is a new generation of vaccines in development/testing that should be ready for next winter

Well that's the whole point isn't it?
Smallpox, measles, chickenpox, etc all those vaccines typically prevent you from catching the virus and getting sick.
But with flu and covid which rapidly evolve fast, you can never get ahead with the vaccine, because by the time it's ready, it's already mutated into a new variant.
(10-03-2024, 12:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 12:36 PM)king1 Wrote: you think a vaccines sole purpose is to prevent you getting ill? 

Well that's the whole point isn't it?
Smallpox, measles, chickenpox, etc all those vaccines typically prevent you from catching the virus and getting sick.
But with flu and covid which rapidly evolve fast, you can never get ahead with the vaccine, because by the time it's ready, it's already mutated into a new variant.

you seem to misunderstand a vaccines purpose...

Read up
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/convers...-work.html

Couple of key points...
Vaccines help the body learn how to defend itself from disease without the dangers of a full-blown infection. The immune response to a vaccine might cause tiredness and discomfort for a day or two, but the resulting protection can last a lifetime.

vaccinated people can and sometimes do get infected. But a vaccinated person is far less likely to die or become seriously ill than someone whose immune system is unprepared to fight an infection.