Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Green co leader, Chloe Swarbrick
This should prove to be extremely interesting; I suspect that she doesn't suffer fools gladly. And one or two have popped their heads up in reaction to her election...

Either this particular fool genuinely doesn't comprehend Green policy/movement, or he does indeed, but prefers to smear & portray them wrongly.

And the arrogance of attempting to instruct a new leader of another party is presumably, not something which he'd appreciate himself but has no qualms about doing  - although I can't recall him doing so when James Shaw became Green leader....  Rolleyes

It does mean that this greed focused Neoliberal govt won't go uncriticised, which is no bad thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/...p7P_xUXC1U

"ACT leader David Seymour has issued a warning to Chlöe Swarbrick after she won the Greens co-leadership.
The Greens confirmed on Sunday morning she's replacing James Shaw after she received 169 votes from Green Party membership delegates. Zero votes were cast for rival candidate Alex Foulkes.
Speaking on Sunday after the announcement, Seymour said he likes Swarbrick "on a personal level" - and offered her some advice.
"A massive salad of soundbites is not going to cut it. She's going to have to think deeper and harder about what solutions the Green Party's offering," he told media.
"I hope they will turn away from fueling envy and saying that there is some well-off people, that if we just took their money that would solve all our problems. That's not a real solution.
"They're going to have to start campaigning on solutions that grow the economy and make New Zealand a wealthier place. Otherwise, they're just playing this zero-sum game, drag them down.

"Sounds really good but it's not a pathway for a better New Zealand and it won't stand up to the scrutiny of being a leader."

In her victory statement, Swarbrick accused the Coalition Government of "bully boy behaviour".
"This week, the Government completed their cruel and, frankly, bizarre 100-day programme. They know that many of the things they have done will make things worse for people and planet and they've told New Zealanders that they don't care," she said."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3502075...-co-leader

"The new Green Party co-leader Chlöe Swarbrick used her first speech in the role to chide what she calls “legacy politics”.
Speaking to media on Sunday, Swarbrick thanked party members for electing her to stand alongside Marama Davidson. She also paid tribute to Shaw.
“The Greens care a lot about whakapapa. We know that we stand on the shoulders of those who have come before us. We know, as the late great green Efeso Collins said, no one stands alone, no one succeeds alone, and no one suffers alone,” she said.
“James Shaw is one of those giants who have contributed decades to our movement.”

She condemned the “stitch up” that was legacy politics, represented by the Labour and National parties, that “limits the oxygen and the options that people need to imagine and, in turn, limiting real world results”.
The country voted for the MMP electoral system,in the 1990s to “break” a duopoly political system, she said.
And she attacked the “bully boy behaviour” of the National-coalition Government.

Watching the Government’s lawmaking in Parliament in recent weeks had been a “gaslighting” experience, she said, as it pursued an agenda “simply because it says that it will, despite actually evidence that says that it is going to make the country a worse place”.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Like Chris Bishop saying if anyone disagreed with their policy they could vote them out. In three years. Meanwhile the destruction continues...

Still, landlords will love it.
Well what a complete shock she got the co-leadership...........

Going to be watching Davidsons faces closely when they are on the Podium together. Rumor is she cant stand her.
(11-03-2024, 02:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Like Chris Bishop saying if anyone disagreed with their policy they could vote them out. In three years. Meanwhile the destruction continues...

Still, landlords will love it.

Indeed, landlords will love it, despite its very thin disguise as a means of  'helping renters'...like this lot would ever help anyone renting.

Chloe has taken David Seymour to task for comments on appearance. I'd be a bit careful on appearance coments if I were him; more than once I've seen people compare him to both Rimmer & Mr Bean...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/...0b73&ei=13

"New Green Party co-leader Chlöe Swarbrick has accused David Seymour of commenting on her appearance during attacks in a fiery AM interview on Monday morning.   
The interview came a day after Swarbrick was announced as the new Green Party co-leader after overwhelmingly winning a leadership battle to replace James Shaw.   
ACT leader David Seymour also confirmed on Sunday landlords will again be able to deduct interest costs on their mortgages against rental income after the previous Labour Government phased it out. 
During their respective press conferences on Sunday, the pair traded barbs with Swarbrick accusing the coalition Government of "bully boy behaviour".   

Seymour then offered Swarbrick advice, saying a "massive salad of soundbites" is not going to cut it as co-leader. 

AM co-host Melissa Chan-Green asked if either regretted any of the "mudslinging" when the pair appeared for their weekly political panel.   
Seymour quickly said he "very rarely" had any regrets about his comments before Swarbrick accused the ACT Party leader of using her appearance in attacks.   

"I've been debating David since I was 22 years old and of late he's made comments about the way that I say certain things, about my smile and most recently, he's taken issue with the fact that I really love evidence," Swarbrick told AM.   
"But I'd really like to talk about the things that I am saying and the evidence that I'm talking about and the kind of vision that both of us have for the future of this country."   

But Seymour quickly hit back saying the accusations were untrue before Swarbrick added "I can give you the receipts".   
"You said on that couch over there about a year ago that I would 'say nice things with a nice smile, but what I have to say is dangerous'. So, again, I think that was explicitly quite about my appearance, nonetheless," Swarbrick said.

Seymour made the comments on AM in July last year when he and Swarbrick were discussing New Zealand's rental market.
"Chlöe's nice, she'll smile, it'll sound great, 'we're fighting for you' and their policies will have the opposite effect of what they promise," Seymour said on AM in July last year.

"That's why they're [the Greens] so dangerous and that's why they have to be kept out of Government."
Swarbrick took exception to the comments at the time, quickly hitting back saying they were "deeply patronising".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(11-03-2024, 05:57 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Well what a complete shock she got the co-leadership...........

Going to be watching Davidsons faces closely when they are on the Podium together.  Rumor is she cant stand her.

Im not exactly surprised, with her and Marama, the party is going to achieve a new level of wokeness, seems thats more in Maramas domain however, but Chloe is more of the communist type.
It looks like they wanted Shaw gone too from what I can tell, he was not taking the party in the direction those two wanted.
There was lots of rumor about this a while back, I have respect for Shaw in regards to not being overly woke, he was just more fixated on climate change more than anything else.

The good news is we have Winston and Seymour to put them in their place, they are not going to tolerate this crap.
Good to see Shane Jones letting rip at it and say that they are planning to open up all the mining they can to get our economy back and running.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Rumour is?

Well, I guess if you put faith in rumour you get what you deserve. There was a meme on farcebook this morning that struck me as rather good. It went along the lines of 'character is what you are, reputation is what they think you are'. Rumour may be how reputation gets built, but character I think is there from the start.
(11-03-2024, 11:09 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 05:57 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Well what a complete shock she got the co-leadership...........

Going to be watching Davidsons faces closely when they are on the Podium together.  Rumor is she cant stand her.

Im not exactly surprised, with her and Marama, the party is going to achieve a new level of wokeness, seems thats more in Maramas domain however, but Chloe is more of the communist type.
It looks like they wanted Shaw gone too from what I can tell, he was not taking the party in the direction those two wanted.
There was lots of rumor about this a while back, I have respect for Shaw in regards to not being overly woke, he was just more fixated on climate change more than anything else.

The good news is we have Winston and Seymour to put them in their place, they are not going to tolerate this crap.
Good to see Shane Jones letting rip at it and say that they are planning to open up all the mining they can to get our economy back and running.

Really - "Put them in their place??!" Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

I'm fairly sure they're not headed back to the kitchen anytime soon...

Shane Jones is clearly unable - or unwilling - to take a look as the likely consequences of massive mining, which means that either he's seriously stupid or more likely, doesn't care about the state of the planet for future generations.
(11-03-2024, 11:09 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

Tell us, what is "wokeness" again?
I do have other cameras!