Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cast to TV
PC in office, TV also. Is there a way to cast stuff off PC to the TV? Seems a bit silly to Chromecast (haven't got one anyway) when they are both in the same room.  Some wired arrangement perhaps?

TV is not smart, just an old 32". It does have HDMI.

Or is Chromecast the easy less hassle way? This is a Linux PC.
(11-03-2024, 06:31 PM)piroska Wrote: PC in office, TV also. Is there a way to cast stuff off PC to the TV? Seems a bit silly to Chromecast (haven't got one anyway) when they are both in the same room.  Some wired arrangement perhaps?

We just use an HDMI-HDMI cable to use the TV as an auxiliary monitor for my laptop. That also tends to be more reliable than transferring the video file to a USB stick as our (not - smart) TV doesn't recognise the format of some of the video files.
yep HDMI is the way to go if you have hdmi port on the PC, otherwise you can use the VGA cable for video (blue D plug), same as a PC cable, and a 3.5mm stereo cable for audio.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
HDMI-HDMI is the easiest way. Even works fine on a 10Mtr HDMI cable.

Our TV in the lounge has HDMI-HDMI from the PC under the TV, but the speakers are plugged directly into the 3.5mm on the TV Headphone socket running way better speakers than the inbuilt TV.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(11-03-2024, 06:37 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 06:31 PM)piroska Wrote: PC in office, TV also. Is there a way to cast stuff off PC to the TV? Seems a bit silly to Chromecast (haven't got one anyway) when they are both in the same room.  Some wired arrangement perhaps?

We just use an HDMI-HDMI cable to use the TV as an auxiliary monitor for my laptop. That also tends to be more reliable than transferring the video file to a USB stick as our (not - smart) TV doesn't recognise the format of some of the video files.

I use the same.
I do have other cameras!
Ok, simple as that huh. Sounds good thanks