Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone had issues with libreoffice on windows 11?
I have someone who has a fairly new computer and about 6 months ago i had to reinstall libreoffice after it stopped working, literally nothing happens when you go to open it.
I reinstalled it and away it went, now 6 months later its doing the same thing.
Reading some threads suggest that it could be due to a windows update breaking it, but interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, Ive never seen this before and it usually works quite flawlessly for most people.
Not I, but I would probably stick a slightly older stable version in rather than the latest...

Be interesting to check the update history to see if any updates were installed, maybe you could try a system restore to confirm the theory, but obviously simplest is just to reinstall...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-03-2024, 07:48 PM)king1 Wrote: Not I, but I would probably stick a slightly older stable version in rather than the latest...

Be interesting to check the update history to see if any updates were installed, maybe you could try a system restore to confirm the theory, but obviously simplest is just to reinstall...

There was a new build that I ended up upgrading it to this time round so will be interesting if the same problems crop up again.
The cynic in me says Microsoft is probably breaking it on purpose to try to push you towards using MS Office instead. I've never had an issue with LibreOffice on Linux.