Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bystander abuses Seymour after bike accident
I really do not like David Seymour & have zero respect for both him & his policies, but this was appalling. You just do not treat anyone like this, even someone you disagree strongly with.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/11/bysta...is-e-bike/

ACT Party Leader has David Seymour has spoken about a "weird" interaction with a bystander after he crashed his e-bike in Parnell last night.
Seymour told 1News he "didn't see the car coming" while he was riding home through Parnell on Sunday evening.
"[I] hit the brakes a bit too hard, and cartwheeled over the handlebars. Luckily, there was no damage done, and I was stunned by how many people came over to offer their support," he said.
Seymour said one person began filming him as he sat on a traffic island following the incident, and then hurled comments at the ACT Party leader.
"I thought 'that's a bit weird' and then he says in a British accent 'you know what, sometimes you get exactly what you deserve'.
"He then said 'look what you're doing to Māori, you're just a trust fund baby who's out of touch with reality'," Seymour said.
"I thought 'I am Māori, and I don't have a trust fund'."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Stunned by the offers of support, but found abuse a bit weird? Hmmmm...
(12-03-2024, 11:17 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Stunned by the offers of support, but found abuse a bit weird? Hmmmm...
An indication of how completely out of touch with public perceptions these politicians are Rolleyes
(12-03-2024, 11:17 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Stunned by the offers of support, but found abuse a bit weird? Hmmmm...
I find it hard to believe it's his first time on the receiving end...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-03-2024, 12:21 PM)king1 Wrote:
I find it hard to believe it's his first time on the receiving end...

Indeed....much as I dislike what happened to him with this, his idiotic policies are exactly the sort of out of touch BS which are likely to get a  strong reaction.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
How someone could be so disrespectful after hurting himself is disgusting.
I really admire how Seymour can tolerate all the hatred towards him, it must be taking a toll.

How he responded to that haha was extremely professional.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
He deserves all the hatred, he is an idiot.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche