Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Christian extreme right threat
Extremely bad in America at present, & likely to worsen if the idiot Trump becomes President again, despite his  own not so Christian views.

And sadly for us, we have our own brand of whacko fruitloop religious nutters.

https://buckscountybeacon.com/2024/03/sh...A9yHb_t4EM

"Approximately 100 right-wing organizations have signed onto Project 2025, an expansive plan for controlling (and in some cases dismantling) federal agencies in the event that Trump or another Republican wins the presidential election this year. Many of these organizations are led by Christian fundamentalist political operatives, suggesting that they may use the plan to force all Americans to submit to their extreme religious beliefs. 
The [i]Bucks County[/i] [i]Beacon[/i] has just found explosive new evidence that seems to validate this concern. 

The Beacon’s discovery follows an earlier report by [i]Politico[/i] journalist Heidi Przybyla, which tied the Center for Renewing America (CFRA), an official Project 2025 partner, to an internal memo expressly listing “Christian Nationalism” as a priority for a second Trump term. 

Przybyla further reported that CFRA founder Russ Vought, a Project 2025 co-author, had stated last year on X (formerly Twitter) that he’s “proud” to work with William Wolfe, a former Trump official and Visiting Fellow with CFRA, “on scoping out a sound Christian Nationalism.” In a social media post, Wolfe had called for an end to no-fault divorce and abortion and for reduced access to contraception. (Link to archived tweet.) Wolfe, who has attended Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, has also called himself a “Christian Nationalist.”

Soon after [i]Politico’s[/i] report, Wolfe changed his social media profile to remove the reference to his work with CFRA, thus burying his connection to Project 2025 leader Russ Vought. Wolfe is also an alumnus of Heritage, the lead organizer of Project 2025.

After Przybyla correctly stated in a TV interview that Christian Nationalists believe their rights come from God, they accused her of attacking mainstream Christianity and launched a blizzard of targeted media hit pieces, as well as a petition to demand that Politico publish a formal apology. They have also parked mobile billboards outside Politico’s DC headquarters, again demanding a formal apology. 

Despite this hurricane of attempted deflection, the Christian Nationalism promoted by Wolfe is extreme, not mainstream, as evidenced not only by Przybyla’s excellent article, but also by a shocking online manifesto found by the Beacon, which identifies Wolfe as an editor. We have included screenshots of the complete manifesto in the Appendix to this article. We have also archived the manifesto (which calls itself a “draft”) here

The manifesto’s authors include Oklahoma Senator Dusty Deevers (a Southern Baptist who supports charging women who get abortions with murder). In addition to Wolfe, its editors include Joel Webbon who has tweeted that the the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote, was a “bad idea.” 
The manifesto, titled “The Statement on Christian Nationalism”, begins with a definition of “Christian Nationalism” that strives to implement a Scripture-based system of government whereby Christ-ordained “[b]civil magistrates[/b]” exercise authority over the American public. 
Specifically, it states that “Christian Nationalism is a set of governing principles rooted in Scripture’s teaching that Christ rules as supreme Lord and King of all creation, who has ordained civil magistrates with delegated authority to be under Him, over the people, to order their ordained jurisdiction by punishing evil and promoting good for His own glory and the common good of the nation.” 

And it promotes a literal interpretation of the Bible: “We affirm that the Bible is clear in all essential matters.” (Public stoning anyone?) 
The manifesto denies that “civil authorities have the right to coerce or command obedience to the dictates of men apart from God’s Word.” (Emphasis added.)"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3008031...extremists

'Like Action Zealandia, Manawatū-based Wargus Christi emerged as a far-right group a few months after the demise of the Dominion Movement. On their (now removed) Facebook page, the group described itself as ‘a martial-monastic Christian brotherhood of swole saints, meat monks and beef bishops’, and wrote: ‘Our work is to achieve and maintain authentic manhood in defiance of the degenerate and effeminate carcass of the West.’

The page promoted a mediaeval-style Christianity, with a heavy emphasis on Crusade imagery, and a particularly fascistic idea of health and well-being. They encouraged their members to regularly work out at the gym, frequently described as ‘the temple of iron’ (a phrase popularised by Marcus Follin, better known as ‘The Golden One’, a Swedish white nationalist YouTuber, bodybuilder and online fitness coach).

The group forbade masturbation, a surprisingly common ideology among far-right groups, including, notably, the Proud Boys in the United States, self-described ‘Western chauvinists’. The ideology is based on a thoroughly debunked theory that semen retention is linked to an increase in testosterone and male virility."

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well I don't care how wacky they are if they can get trump elected.
You should talk to people who live in the US and ask them about trump.
You will find that many don't like him as a person, but want to elect him based on policy alone.
That my friend is why he will return to the white house and is the reason smart people vote on policy and not popularity.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-03-2024, 09:11 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Well I don't care how wacky they are if they can get trump elected.
You should talk to people who live in the US and ask them about trump.
You will find that many don't like him as a person, but want to elect him based on policy alone.
That my friend is why he will return to the white house and is the reason smart people vote on policy and not popularity.

And you should read The Grapes of wrath, John Steinbeck. And read news on other than CT sites...

Trump is not altogether a sane, well balanced individual; he's interested only in himself & how he can gain power over others & that is not in any way a healthy aim for a person who wants to be their President.
And why anyone would vote for a rapist is incomprehensible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...udge-rape/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023...an-carroll
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)