Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannabis
What is the obsession with knowing how Ardern is voting in the cannabis referendum? The whole point of the referendum is knowing what the normal Joe Bloggs thinks, so having it swayed by the PM kinda defeats the purpose. Makes far more sense than Collins saying how she is going to vote, and that the rest of the party will be voting the same as her (although you'd suspect some of them might quietly tick the other box when they get to the booth).

Anyways, off to vote today. Have read some fairly vile comments from the "Vote No on Cannabis" brigade this morning, so that's solidified voting Yes. Happy to cancel out one of them, even though it looks like they'll probably come out ahead on election night. Can't always back the winner, lol.
I completely agree!

Why should she say publicly what she is voting for?
I'm not bothered how she or anyone else voted, but I have invested in the Cannasouth company (CBD on NZX) which is dealing in research and development of medicinal cannabis. I think it will do well *fingers crossed*
Got an email from "my broker" today which seemed to suggest the overseas cannabis companies didn't perform that well after regulation, but like a lot of shares I guess it's a roll of the dice. For years, A2 Milk was some weird minor listing on the stockmarket, and then it suddenly got big. Did I buy shares in some accounting software company with a dumb name of Xero when it listed at $1? Nope. You just never know!
(14-10-2020, 12:57 PM)thephoenix Wrote: Got an email from "my broker" today which seemed to suggest the overseas cannabis companies didn't perform that well after regulation, but like a lot of shares I guess it's a roll of the dice. For years, A2 Milk was some weird minor listing on the stockmarket, and then it suddenly got big. Did I buy shares in some accounting software company with a dumb name of Xero when it listed at $1? Nope. You just never know!
Massive jumps today for Xero - Aaaaaargh, I missed out! Was thinking of getting in there but thought they were already too expensive. Oh well, I'm not destined to be rich Smile
(10-10-2020, 10:34 AM)thephoenix Wrote: What is the obsession with knowing how Ardern is voting in the cannabis referendum? 

Anyways, off to vote today. Have read some fairly vile comments from the "Vote No on Cannabis" brigade this morning, so that's solidified voting Yes. Happy to cancel out one of them, even though it looks like they'll probably come out ahead on election night. 
Yep!  I've got a mind of my own . . . and how Jacinda votes is none of my business. Her choice. Lock step automatons don't impress me.

I voted NO! to recreational cannabis because the crims who supplied weed will just switch to more dangerous money spinners when they can't compete with legalised weed . . . IF IT PASSES.   Tongue

At least I cancel out your YES vote and many of my family and friends will cancel out others...
(18-10-2020, 03:41 PM)Clansman Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 10:34 AM)thephoenix Wrote: What is the obsession with knowing how Ardern is voting in the cannabis referendum? 

Anyways, off to vote today. Have read some fairly vile comments from the "Vote No on Cannabis" brigade this morning, so that's solidified voting Yes. Happy to cancel out one of them, even though it looks like they'll probably come out ahead on election night. 
Yep!  I've got a mind of my own . . . and how Jacinda votes is none of my business. Her choice. Lock step automatons don't impress me.

I voted NO! to recreational cannabis because the crims who supplied weed will just switch to more dangerous money spinners when they can't compete with legalised weed . . . IF IT PASSES.   Tongue

At least I cancel out your YES vote and many of my family and friends will cancel out others...
At least all police resources will target all the other drugs and not be wasted on those growing weed.
"At least all police resources will target all the other drugs and not be wasted on those growing weed." (nzoomed)

Probably just as effectively as they targeted cannabis . . .
NOT VERY WELL.
(18-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Clansman Wrote: "At least all police resources will target all the other drugs and not be wasted on those growing weed." (nzoomed)

Probably just as effectively as they targeted  cannabis . . .
NOT VERY WELL.
TBH, i dont think the cops have bothered going after those using weed much, unless they are growing on a large scale, and not just a couple of plants.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out after the referendum.
True, Buddy
I understand that using cannabis is/was a CRIME . . .
and HEAVEN FORBID that Police are used to stamp out crime...

I think the sane people still outnumber the dopers . . .
So I'm inclined to think that the recreational (sic) will remain a NO!
My neighbour down the road has opium poppies growing, completley legal lol (until you pick the seed pods)