Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winie bringing 'steel'...
Oh joy - what delights await..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/w...ADECZDG4Y/

"New Zealand First leader and Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters is promising to bring “steel” to the Government as it faces tough economic times.
Hundreds of people have gathered to hear New Zealand First leader Winston Peters’ State of the Nation address today at the Palmerston North conference centre.
There was a small protest outside the conference centre where Peters gave his speech.
There were about 20 Free Palestine protestors gathered. One used a megaphone to push their message as Peters entered the premises.
He didn’t say anything to the protestors, except to look at them and shake his head.
During his address, Peters referenced the protesters as the “group outside saying ‘Winston go home’”. On the Israel-Hamas conflict, he said the Government had “done our best”.

Peters said NZ First’s absence from Parliament during the 2020-2023 term was the chief reason why the country had gone downhill."

Oh, of course it was Winnie! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

"Without the handbrake, Labour cared more about feelings than the duty to competently govern our country.”

Peters railed against the media, once again claiming he wasn’t covered during the election campaign.
He said the country couldn’t be fixed until its problems were acknowledged. He claimed Labour had left a “barrage of broken promises”, citing a “crumbling, underfunded health system”.

On education, Peters spoke of the “staggering” number of classrooms New Zealand was lacking and the levels of truancy.

Peters talked of the “implosion on the left”, a reference to the Green Party launching an investigation into MP Darleen Tana, whose husband’s business has been accused of migrant exploitation.
He referenced Tana not by name but as the person who “had the moko on her chin”.
Peters criticised the recent high levels of immigration, saying there had been no proper planning by the previous Government for the number of migrants it wanted to bring in after Covid-19.

Peters said there was no greater expert on Labour’s lack of humility or understanding of democracy than he.

Such modesty Winnie... Big Grin Big Grin

He grouped Labour, the Greens and Te Pāti Māori together, saying they were competing to see “who can be most culturally woke”. Peters said that when MPs from those parties were in the media, they were “always over-gesturing like an Italian waiter”, which received a lot of laughs from the crowd."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
And now - he goes into overdrive, compares co governance to Nazi Germany...even for Winnie, that's a bit OTT!

"New Zealand First leader and Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters has compared Labour’s use of co-governance to “race-based theory”, as seen in Nazi Germany.
His comments, made today in a State of the Nation speech delivered in Palmerston North, have drawn warnings from the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand about the use of such terminology by politicians.
“It is actually offensive to the memory of those who died and to those who survived in the Holocaust to start throwing around terms like ‘holocaust’ or ‘Nazi’ willy-nilly,” Holocaust Centre of New Zealand spokesman Ben Kepes told NZME.
Asked after his speech by reporters what he thought New Zealand’s Jewish community would think of his comments, Peters said: “I think that they would understand entirely what I’m saying.”
Today’s speech was trademark Peters, closely resembling much of what he said during the election campaign, attacking the left, Labour in particular.
Responding to Peters’ comments this afternoon, Labour leader Chris Hipkins compared Peters to a “drunk uncle at a wedding”.
“Same old Winston Peters. Using racism and anti-media rhetoric to divide our country. He should be focusing on the real work of leading New Zealand forward, but that would require a plan and a vision. Sadly, this government is lacking in both.
”I ruled out working with Winston Peters before the election. Everyday that goes by I feel more and more vindicated by that decision. Kiwis deserve better than a deputy prime minister who behaves like a drunk uncle at a wedding.”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
He really is a disgrace, an embarrassment to our country.  I accidentally saw part of his speech, in which he joked about "Italian waiters".   So he's happy to offend Italian culture  as well as all the other cultures that he insults.
He is a dinosaur. Silly man, should have retired with dignity.
(17-03-2024, 06:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: He is a dinosaur. Silly man, should have retired with dignity.

Yep, he's got to a stage where its a bit too late to be able to do that now.
I loved Chris Hipkin's comment about the drunk uncle at the wedding...
(18-03-2024, 02:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I loved Chris Hipkin's commrnt about the drunk uncle at the wedding...

Yes, very apt I thought. He really should give some thought to retiring...tomorrow's good. Rolleyes Big Grin
(17-03-2024, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And now - he goes into overdrive, compares co governance to Nazi Germany...even for Winnie, that's a bit OTT!

"New Zealand First leader and Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters has compared Labour’s use of co-governance to “race-based theory”, as seen in Nazi Germany.
His comments, made today in a State of the Nation speech delivered in Palmerston North, have drawn warnings from the Holocaust Centre of New Zealand about the use of such terminology by politicians.
“It is actually offensive to the memory of those who died and to those who survived in the Holocaust to start throwing around terms like ‘holocaust’ or ‘Nazi’ willy-nilly,” Holocaust Centre of New Zealand spokesman Ben Kepes told NZME.
Asked after his speech by reporters what he thought New Zealand’s Jewish community would think of his comments, Peters said: “I think that they would understand entirely what I’m saying.”
Today’s speech was trademark Peters, closely resembling much of what he said during the election campaign, attacking the left, Labour in particular.
Responding to Peters’ comments this afternoon, Labour leader Chris Hipkins compared Peters to a “drunk uncle at a wedding”.
“Same old Winston Peters. Using racism and anti-media rhetoric to divide our country. He should be focusing on the real work of leading New Zealand forward, but that would require a plan and a vision. Sadly, this government is lacking in both.
”I ruled out working with Winston Peters before the election. Everyday that goes by I feel more and more vindicated by that decision. Kiwis deserve better than a deputy prime minister who behaves like a drunk uncle at a wedding.”
I love Winston for speaking the truth.
NZ needs more people like him to run this country.
He is 100% correct, there is no place for race based politics in this country.
He is calling out the "guy with a cowboy hat and scribbles on his face" as he puts it for his racist comments about maori having superior genetics/bloodline.
Sounds pretty much like what nazis would believe don't you think?
Winston won't tolerate this divisive racist crap any longer.

Here is is full quote on his Facebook page:

"Many in the mainstream media have taken what was said in New Zealand First’s State of the Nation Speech in Palmerston North on Sunday and deliberately, deceitfully, and ignorantly misrepresented what I said and why I said it.

The headlines and commentary on the news stated that I compared ‘co-governance to the holocaust’. This line has been repeated over again.

The blatant misreporting and subsequent outrage from some journalists is not only a disgraceful example of journalism, but yet another example of blatant political bias.

Here is my full quote referring to the Māori Party Co-Leader Rawiri Waititi’s previous comments about Māori having ‘superior genetics’:

“It was not just ideological theory, it was race-based theory. Where some people’s DNA made them, sadly, according to these people, and condoned by their cultural fellow travellers, their DNA made them somehow better than others.

I’ve seen that sort of philosophy before, I saw it in Nazi Germany, we all did. We have seen it elsewhere in the world in the horrors of history, but right here in our country tolerated by the very people whose job is to keep the system honest.”

There was no mention of co-governance or the holocaust.

The clickbait low-grade journalism being shown by some in our media is an insult to the public of New Zealand and to their very own profession.

The dripping bias and subsequent outrage surrounding their self-determined inference of a comparison to the ‘holocaust’, ‘genocide’, ‘white supremacy’ and ‘dictatorships’ from these journalists, is writ large in their inconsistency when reporting on others.

· Co-Leader of the Māori Party Debbie Ngarewa Packer said this in her maiden speech - "I stand here as descendant of a people who survived a holocaust, a genocide, sponsored by the House and Members of Parliament…”

· The Māori Party shared a screenshot of another users post on Instagram which described the Government parties as ‘white supremacists’.
· The Māori Party described the Government’s repeal of the smokefree reforms as amounting to ‘genocide’.
· RNZ reported on the Posie Parker event quoting the executive director of Auckland Pride saying – “When you look back at Nazi ideology of the 1930’s, those things are very much aligned in terms of eradicating rainbow communities from public life.”
· The former Green MP Gholriz Gahraman posted a photo on social media, whilst attending the Posie Parker event and her accompanying words - “So ready to fight the Nazis” – referring to Posie Parker and the Women’s rights protestors.

Where was the outrage shown by those in the media about these examples of direct and specific comparisons to the ‘holocaust’, ‘genocide’, ‘Nazis’ and ‘Nazi ideology’?

And when did they media rush down to the Synagogue and ask about these statements? Not one of them did.

Not once in my speech did, I mention anything of, nor made comparisons to, the horrific holocaust or genocide, nor did I compare it to co-governance.

I stated a fact that Waititi made public comments about a certain race and ethnicity having superior DNA to other races and ethnicities in our country – and that we had seen that before, knowing that is the seed of division, racism, and the ‘horrors of history’. That statement I made is a fact.

The moment you argue that one race has superior DNA to other races you're leading to awful racial consequences.

I'm not backing down one iota. I want everybody in this country no matter whether they're here for 1000 years or here yesterday legally to be treated the same - equally as one people.

I make no apology for that."
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
if

"the guy with a cowboy hat and scribbles on his face"

is not racist I'm not sure what is...

Totally disrespectful and antagonistic at the least
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-03-2024, 08:56 AM)king1 Wrote: if 

"the guy with a cowboy hat and scribbles on his face"

is not racist I'm not sure what is...

Totally disrespectful and antagonistic at the least

Cowboy hat is very traditional isn't it?
As for his moku, they are typically something that signifies respect.
It's something you had to earn.
I know many maori, particularly the older ones find it offensive and disrespectful that the young generation maori go and get these tattoos done for the sake of it thinking they are being traditional.

Funnily enough, I'm having a lot of trouble even finding the article that quoted winston saying this.
Was some time after the election and can't remember what it was over, but the closest thing I can find is a post on a tik tok video claiming he said a kid drew it or something.

Either way, winston was essentially making the point that he is not being true to himself regarding maori traditions.
Reallly - "scribbles on his face?"

So absolutely free of eny encumbering knowledge whatsoever about the meaning of Moko, then, just blissfully ignorant.

Winston speaks only for Winston..
(20-03-2024, 08:36 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(17-03-2024, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And now - he goes into overdrive, compares co governance to Nazi Germany...even for Winnie, that's a bit OTT!

I love Winston for speaking the truth.
He is calling out the "guy with a cowboy hat and scribbles on his face" as he puts it for his racist comments about maori having superior genetics/bloodline.

"Many in the mainstream media have taken what was said in New Zealand First’s State of the Nation Speech in Palmerston North on Sunday and deliberately, deceitfully, and ignorantly misrepresented what I said and why I said it.

The headlines and commentary on the news stated that I compared ‘co-governance to the holocaust’.  This line has been repeated over again.

The blatant misreporting and subsequent outrage from some journalists is not only a disgraceful example of journalism, but yet another example of blatant political bias.

Here is my full quote referring to the Māori Party Co-Leader Rawiri Waititi’s previous comments about Māori having ‘superior genetics’:

“It was not just ideological theory, it was race-based theory.  Where some people’s DNA made them, sadly, according to these people, and condoned by their cultural fellow travellers, their DNA made them somehow better than others.

I’ve seen that sort of philosophy before, I saw it in Nazi Germany, we all did.  We have seen it elsewhere in the world in the horrors of history, but right here in our country tolerated by the very people whose job is to keep the system honest.”

The clickbait low-grade journalism being shown by some in our media is an insult to the public of New Zealand and to their very own profession.

The dripping bias and subsequent outrage surrounding their self-determined inference of a comparison to the ‘holocaust’, ‘genocide’, ‘white supremacy’ and ‘dictatorships’ from these journalists, is writ large in their inconsistency when reporting on others.

·        Co-Leader of the Māori Party Debbie Ngarewa Packer said this in her maiden speech - "I stand here as descendant of a people who survived a holocaust, a genocide, sponsored by the House and Members of Parliament…”

·        The Māori Party shared a screenshot of another users post on Instagram which described the Government parties as ‘white supremacists’.
·        The Māori Party described the Government’s repeal of the smokefree reforms as amounting to ‘genocide’.
·        RNZ reported on the Posie Parker event quoting the executive director of Auckland Pride saying – “When you look back at Nazi ideology of the 1930’s, those things are very much aligned in terms of eradicating rainbow communities from public life.”
·        The former Green MP Gholriz Gahraman posted a photo on social media, whilst attending the Posie Parker event and her accompanying words - “So ready to fight the Nazis” – referring to Posie Parker and the Women’s rights protestors.

Where was the outrage shown by those in the media about these examples of direct and specific comparisons to the ‘holocaust’, ‘genocide’, ‘Nazis’ and ‘Nazi ideology’?

And when did they media rush down to the Synagogue and ask about these statements?  Not one of them did.

Not once in my speech did, I mention anything of, nor made comparisons to, the horrific holocaust or genocide, nor did I compare it to co-governance.

I stated a fact that Waititi made public comments about a certain race and ethnicity having superior DNA to other races and ethnicities in our country – and that we had seen that before, knowing that is the seed of division, racism, and the ‘horrors of history’.  That statement I made is a fact.

The moment you argue that one race has superior DNA to other races you're leading to awful racial consequences.

I'm not backing down one iota. I want everybody in this country no matter whether they're here for 1000 years or here yesterday legally to be treated the same - equally as one people.

I've heard it said that if you have to explain something in politics you're losing. Lots of sidestepping and explanation from Winston over this so what does that say?
(20-03-2024, 10:51 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-03-2024, 08:36 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I love Winston for speaking the truth.

The headlines and commentary on the news stated that I compared ‘co-governance to the holocaust’.  This line has been repeated over again.

“It was not just ideological theory, it was race-based theory.  Where some people’s DNA made them, sadly, according to these people, and condoned by their cultural fellow travellers, their DNA made them somehow better than others.

I’ve seen that sort of philosophy before, I saw it in Nazi Germany, we all did.  We have seen it elsewhere in the world in the horrors of history, but right here in our country tolerated by the very people whose job is to keep the system honest.”

·        Co-Leader of the Māori Party Debbie Ngarewa Packer said this in her maiden speech - "I stand here as descendant of a people who survived a holocaust, a genocide, sponsored by the House and Members of Parliament…”

·        The Māori Party shared a screenshot of another users post on Instagram which described the Government parties as ‘white supremacists’.
·        The Māori Party described the Government’s repeal of the smokefree reforms as amounting to ‘genocide’.
·        RNZ reported on the Posie Parker event quoting the executive director of Auckland Pride saying – “When you look back at Nazi ideology of the 1930’s, those things are very much aligned in terms of eradicating rainbow communities from public life.”
·        The former Green MP Gholriz Gahraman posted a photo on social media, whilst attending the Posie Parker event and her accompanying words - “So ready to fight the Nazis” – referring to Posie Parker and the Women’s rights protestors.

And when did they media rush down to the Synagogue and ask about these statements?  Not one of them did.

I stated a fact that Waititi made public comments about a certain race and ethnicity having superior DNA to other races and ethnicities in our country – and that we had seen that before, knowing that is the seed of division, racism, and the ‘horrors of history’.  That statement I made is a fact.

I've heard it said that if you have to explain something in politics you're losing. Lots of sidestepping and explanation from Winston over this so what does that say?

That Winnie's in the cactus???  Rolleyes Big Grin

Nah, its just really classic Winnie & Luxon & co. should have known what to expect from him if they did their homework.
(20-03-2024, 11:02 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(20-03-2024, 10:51 AM)harm_less Wrote: I've heard it said that if you have to explain something in politics you're losing. Lots of sidestepping and explanation from Winston over this so what does that say?

That Winnie's in the cactus???  Rolleyes Big Grin

Nah, its just really classic Winnie & Luxon & co. should have known what to expect from him if they did their homework.
And many of us knew exactly how any coalition that included Winston would be extremely unstable. It's why Hipkins absolutely ruled out any chance of a deal of that type.

Luxon didn't have the political experience to fully appreciate what he was signing himself up to, and now hasn't got the balls to come anywhere near keeping Winston on a short leash.
I must say, Winston used to be good at keeping politicians honest, he was always good at stirring the pot a bit, and you need that in the political sphere. But nowadays he just seems more and more like he's getting his information from errr 'the internet'
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-03-2024, 11:08 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-03-2024, 11:02 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: That Winnie's in the cactus???  Rolleyes Big Grin

And many of us knew exactly how any coalition that included Winston would be extremely unstable. It's why Hipkins absolutely ruled out any chance of a deal of that type.

Luxon didn't have the political experience to fully appreciate what he was signing himself up to, and now hasn't got the balls to come anywhere near keeping Winston on a short leash.

Indeed, not a chance in hell of that - mind you, it would be a diffcult thing for anyone to try keeping Winnie in check.

(20-03-2024, 11:17 AM)king1 Wrote: I must say, Winston used to be good at keeping politicians honest, he was always good at stirring the pot a bit, and you need that in the political sphere.  But nowadays he just seems more and more like he's getting his information from errr 'the internet'

He was,  back in the day,really useful at that. Not so much these days.
(20-03-2024, 10:51 AM)harm_less Wrote: I've heard it said that if you have to explain something in politics you're losing. Lots of sidestepping and explanation from Winston over this so what does that say?

Winston has a right to defend himself, its nothing to do with explanation. He is being attacked with fabricated garbage from the left, you think thats OK?
Fabricated? No need. He opens his mouth and out it comes...
(29-03-2024, 08:46 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

Winston has a right to defend himself, its nothing to do with explanation. He is being attacked with fabricated garbage from the left, you think thats OK?

Detail what is fabricated.
I do have other cameras!
(29-03-2024, 08:46 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

Perhps if he didn't attack others so constantly, he'd have no need to defend himself.