Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid and autoimmune disease
I think it goes like this, over a lifetime one builds up immunities by various means including catching what ever disease comes along and recovering from it and gaining immunity, likewise through interactions with aggravating stimuli one gets auto immune problems but one of the main effects of Covid is that after a bout of the disease in it's many forms one of the main features is that it wipes your immunity slate clear and all childhood immunities like measles and chickenpox for instance are lost, probably likewise with auto immunities, ie any resistances to damage through time are forgotten by the body system after a Covid infection and are then reset back to the original troubling condition.

Also remember that Covid is a disease that has been fine tuned by the most powerful immune system in the mammalian world ie bat immune systems; and as such has found many ways to usurp bats' immune systems and be beaten back again and also as a result can easily overcome our one, which is nowhere near the performance of the bat immune system, having never been tested by Covid before let alone competing for thousands of years.

Covid is very sophisticated and can find many chinks in our defensive armour, so to speak.

I like very much what you typed above this comment of mine Oh_hunnihunni and I agree with you completely.

Especially this bit:

"While individuals may make the considered choices that have positive benefits, the bigger picture means the individual fades out of focus when it comes to consequences.

Autoimmune diseases and conditions, cancers, environmental toxicity, wars that cause devastation, climate change that leads to famine and destruction, the increasing incidence of mental health issues, pressure on social systems and civility - all traceable back to overcrowding, to population pressures. To the human self interest that puts our species survival at risk, just as it has put so many others at risk, and then to extinction."

thank you so much , that is so very clearly put.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Messages In This Thread
Covid and autoimmune disease - by SueDonim - 23-03-2024, 10:06 AM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by zqwerty - 23-03-2024, 11:08 AM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by SueDonim - 23-03-2024, 12:41 PM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by zqwerty - 23-03-2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by nzoomed - 26-03-2024, 08:42 PM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by SueDonim - 31-03-2024, 03:56 PM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by nzoomed - 01-04-2024, 07:14 PM
RE: Covid and autoimmune disease - by SueDonim - 03-04-2024, 10:56 AM