Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cast phone to PC. How?
Right, I'm going to be in a Microsoft teams call in which they are going to share their screen and I don't have a laptop or webcam. Usually I use my phone for video calls but it's too small to see the screen they are sharing.
So basically I want to use my phone as webcam and mic and mirror the screen to my PC. On Endless OS preferably. I have miracast on the phone and the PC has a wirless internet adapter (although I haven't used it).

Another option is I use my old Win 10 pc but it doesn't have wireless. USB cable connection?

Endless OS is linux. IS there an app for this? What would it be called?
If you had either windows 11 or IOS theres lots of instructional videos and quite easy. BUT linux -- Yeah not so much,

Did find These instructions here

Looking - Endless is a low spec OS, so you may run into trouble with it.

Try Google "use phone as webcam Linux"

Also found a Video using Droidcam -- Not in english but it has a linux option and follow the video -- Good luck Smile 

Droidcam
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(24-03-2024, 08:51 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: If you had either windows 11 or IOS theres lots of instructional videos and quite easy. BUT linux -- Yeah not so much,

Did find These instructions here

Looking - Endless is a low spec OS, so you may run into trouble with it.

Try Google "use phone as webcam Linux"

Also found a Video using Droidcam -- Not in english but it has a linux option and follow the video -- Good luck Smile 

Droidcam

Thanks Wainuitech