Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people know someone who has had Covid-19?
My son has had it, in London way back in March. He had been sent home from work as his office was being deep cleaned after his manager had tested positive for it. A few days later he wasn't feeling well and was supposed to be flying out to NZ that week, so he rebooked his flight with Emirates for November (now that is cancelled as well). he did manage to get a refund for his ticket and is still working from home. He wasn't even sure in the beginning that he had the virus as he didn't have the symptoms that were being talked about then - fever, cough, trouble breathing, But he thought it very strange he'd completely lost taste and smell, and only a slight fever at night. It took him a while to get those back and he didn't feel like eating. Since then he's just been carrying on as usual and has even had a couple of holidays, in Dorset and Lake District. I'd like him to come back and he had been talking about it before all this happened, but not sure about the job situation for him now.
(Thankfully) I don't know anyone who has had it.

Sounds like your son got through it pretty well. They never seem to know how it's going to play out. If your son does came back, he'd get a couple of weeks of (possibly) luxury accommodation! Wouldn't that be nice.

Can't see the situation improving any time soon in the UK as they seem to be going down the route of half-assed lockdowns. Their economy ain't exactly booming at the moment either. The September quarter GDP data for many countries will be interesting when that gets released.
(14-10-2020, 01:28 PM)thephoenix Wrote: (Thankfully) I don't know anyone who has had it.

Sounds like your son got through it pretty well. They never seem to know how it's going to play out. If your son does came back, he'd get a couple of weeks of (possibly) luxury accommodation! Wouldn't that be nice.

Can't see the situation improving any time soon in the UK as they seem to be going down the route of half-assed lockdowns. Their economy ain't exactly booming at the moment either. The September quarter GDP data for many countries will be interesting when that gets released.

Haha, that would drive him crazy! ( staying in a hotel for 2 weeks is not him at all). But he's OK over there for the moment and has a good job in IT, as well as starting up his own business (cocktails), which really took off in lockdown!! he wants to bring it back here once established, but that may take a while. His dream is living in New Zealand and running his own business.
I have a friend who's mother in France got it, but thats about all.
(27-10-2020, 08:29 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I have a friend who's mother in France got it, but thats about all.
wow............  you must be special
(06-11-2020, 05:42 PM)insain Wrote:
(27-10-2020, 08:29 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I have a friend who's mother in France got it, but thats about all.
wow............  you must be special

Don't worry, we're all special Smile