Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Seymour & the school strike for climate
What a complete & utter culo the man is. Dodgy

He's telling schools to mark those taking part as absent.

"Associate Minister of Education David Seymour says students protesting against the climate crisis should be marked absent by schools.
Hundreds of students, some as young as 10, are marching to Parliament today as part of the school strike for climate. Protests are also being held in Auckland and Christchurch.
Seymour called it “unacceptable” for students to protest during school time.
If students feel strongly about sending a message, they could have marched on Tuesday when there was a nationwide teacher-only day, or during the upcoming school holidays.
My expectation is that schools will treat students protesting today as explained but unjustified absences.”

His nibs can 'expect' all he wants; I hope schools have more understanding & more sense. He seems completely out of touch on virtually everything, including the fact that its going to be these kids who will have to live with the consequences of both our actions & those of the generations who came before us.
Total pito.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Trust this government to put a non parent in portfolio that have to do with kids... He is so ignorant he has no idea what he doesn't know.
He doesn't know much, but he thinks he knows everything, he is living in a fantasy world of extreme right wing zealotry
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(05-04-2024, 04:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Trust this government to put a non parent in portfolio that have to do with kids... He is so ignorant he has no idea what he doesn't know.

Yep that's it - he has no clue whatever on what he's talking about. No kids, so no investment in the future & clearly doesn't care about the planet now or in the future.
How the devil did this lot get into govt...
Dodgy

(05-04-2024, 04:21 PM)zqwerty Wrote: He doesn't know much, but he thinks he knows everything, he is living in a fantasy world of extreme right wing zealotry

Massive ego's, that lot...mind you,it perhaps often comes with the territory for MP's.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good on David, he's right these kids were absent from school.
Deluded teens with no fuckin clue, they think the climate will kill them?
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(06-04-2024, 08:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Good on David, he's right these kids were absent from school.

Surely you're not serious??! Sad Confused Rolleyes

The climate will indeed be extremely likely to do precisely that; kill them. 

And their children, of course. What do you think happens, if we can't grow food? If we can't breathe the air?
Not to mention all the other nasty possibilities
(06-04-2024, 08:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Good on David, he's right these kids were absent from school.

I don't think it's the teens who are deluded...
I do have other cameras!
(06-04-2024, 10:22 AM)Praktica Wrote:

I don't think it's the teens who are deluded...

Me neither.... Rolleyes Big Grin
(06-04-2024, 10:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Surely you're not serious??! Sad Confused Rolleyes

And their children, of course. What do you think happens, if we can't grow food? If we can't breathe the air?
That's BS, you have obviously fallen for the MSM false narrative.
Humans have survived way worse, including climate change in the past.
We are not going to go extinct over this.
We are in an inter glacial period, we will warm up more before freezing all over again.
The worst thing we possibly could have done us bring forward the warming that always was inevitable.
I would be more worried about the plastics and chemicals in the environment.
Read this.
https://www.sciencealert.com/study-revea...-years-ago
(08-04-2024, 07:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 10:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Surely you're not serious??! Sad Confused Rolleyes

We are in an inter glacial period, we will warm up more before freezing all over again.
The worst thing we possibly could have done us bring forward the warming that always was inevitable.
Read this.
so all humanity needs to do to manage climate change is migrate?  Where?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(08-04-2024, 08:53 PM)king1 Wrote:
(08-04-2024, 07:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: That's BS, you have obviously fallen for the MSM false narrative.
Read this.
so all humanity needs to do to manage climate change is migrate?  Where?

Lots of mountains here in the south - perch on top of one...
I do have other cameras!
Some people in Gaza are demonstrating the reality of 'surviving way worse'. Trouble is ct, a massive number simply won't.

I continue to be amazed at how selective you are about the science you trust on a daily basis. Internet okay, climate science not. Medical science not. Just what suits you eh?

As for Seymour and the teens, well, he might have overlooked the fact many of these kids will be voters in elections he has a strong interest in. Perhaps he better watch his mouth and be a bit more respectful of them.
Even quite undiscerning teenagers will have no trouble identifying David Seymour as a fraud of a human being who has latched onto the right wing bandwagon because he has so little real integrity which in others derives from being an honorable, thoughtful, emphasizing, caring human being, not a follower of crazy neo-right "philosophies" pulled out of a nut-case hat all the while to extract money from ordinary workers by stealth.

David Seymour, an unknowing mouthpiece for the already rich who still crave more profits because their lives are so empty and who have not really understood that life is short and money and material goods cannot substitute for personal grounded integrity, money gathering robotic zombies who spoil the lives of the rest of us to some extent because they are claiming/inveigling more than their fair share of the common good.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(08-04-2024, 07:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 10:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Surely you're not serious??! Sad Confused Rolleyes

Read this.

With all due respect to him, (which is to say none at all) David is a wuckfit whose view is blocked by those gigantic $ signs in his eyes. Dodgy

He is a childless man without experience in parenting & should have had sufficient sense to not comment.

Our world is polluted due to our actions, & unless we start trying to repair the damage done fairly swiftly we may find ourselves in extremely dire straits indeed. And all the money in the world isn't going to prevent wealthy people from having to live with the consequences.

(09-04-2024, 09:00 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Even quite undiscerning teenagers will have no trouble identifying David Seymour as a fraud of a human being who has latched onto the right wing bandwagon because he has so little real integrity which in others derives from being an honorable, thoughtful, emphasizing, caring human being, not a follower of crazy neo-right "philosophies" pulled out of a nut-case hat all the while to extract money from ordinary workers by stealth.

David Seymour, an unknowing mouthpiece for the already rich who still crave more profits because their lives are so empty and who have not really understood that life is short and money and material goods cannot substitute for personal grounded integrity, money gathering robotic zombies who spoil the  lives of the rest of us to some extent because they are claiming/inveigling more than their fair share of the common good.

Very well put, that's it exactly - those who are so keen to gather wealth seem to be poverty stricken in other, far worse ways.

An income ceiling as well as an income floor may be the way in the far future,if we can learn quickly enough.
(09-04-2024, 11:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Our world is polluted due to our actions, & unless we start trying to repair the damage done fairly swiftly we may find ourselves in extremely dire straits indeed. And all the money in the world isn't going to prevent wealthy people from having to live with the consequences.

Yeah like klaus shaub, King Charles and the WEF?
How did they all get rich? You really think they have your interests at heart?
Pollution most certainly is an issue, but co2 is not a pollutant.
Well, it is if it becomes excessive. Like most things, including people.
(09-04-2024, 11:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(09-04-2024, 11:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Our world is polluted due to our actions, & unless we start trying to repair the damage done fairly swiftly we may find ourselves in extremely dire straits indeed. And all the money in the world isn't going to prevent wealthy people from having to live with the consequences.

Yeah like klaus shaub, King Charles and the WEF?
How did they all get rich? You really think they have your interests at heart?
Pollution most certainly is an issue, but co2 is not a pollutant.

Excessive wealth is unhealthy, whoever it is & regardless of how they came by it  (which is often by polluting our planet) & we may in the future if we come to our senses in time, even have to find a legal way to prevent it. As well as preventing too little.