Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UN has sensible policy on climate change when it comes to meat production
Thumbs Up 
All this BS about reducing meat intake to save the planet.
Happy that the UN can see through it.
ACT has done a good job surrounding methane emissions too.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...imate-plan
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
BS?

The stuff is so expensive most of us have no alternative but to reduce meat consumption.
(10-04-2024, 06:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: BS?

The stuff is so expensive most of us have no alternative but to reduce meat consumption.

Do you enjoy paying more for meat?
If you vote greens thats what you are asking for, why people cant see through this is beyond me, time to wake up!
Bullshit methane levies are not going to do jack shit other than make meat unaffordable with zero impact on the climate, but maximum impact on our economy and export markets, etc.
Do you enjoy eating insects? Thats going to be your only option.
Thank goodness we have Act and New Zealand first to fix this BS.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Somehow, the words 'ACT' & 'done a good job' just don't seem to belong in the same sentence...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's hard to know who are the most egregious idiots - ACT or NZ First. And as for their supporters...
I do have other cameras!
I haven't eaten meat in 45 years, this is of no concern to me.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(26-04-2024, 06:59 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-04-2024, 06:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: BS?

Do you enjoy paying more for meat?
If you vote greens thats what you are asking for, why people cant see through this is beyond me, time to wake up!
Bullshit methane levies are not going to do jack shit other than make meat unaffordable with zero impact on the climate, but maximum impact on our economy and export markets, etc.
Do you enjoy eating insects? Thats going to be your only option.
Thank goodness we have Act and New Zealand first to fix this BS.

I don't pay more for meat. Being on a fixed income with tastes above my station in life means I have to use my brains when it comes to providing for my daily fare. And that means reducing my meat consumption. Good for me, good for the planet. 

And yes, I vote Green. And I haven't knowingly eaten a bug since I was three years old...