Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt to tax churches?
It seems highly unlikely, but its got the McBishop annoyed so it can't be all bad.... Rolleyes Big Grin

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...To9RTjtL4p

Under New Zealand law, churches are exempt from paying tax, but Luxon has left the door open for changes.
"We will certainly be looking at things like that this term, yep," he said. Rolleyes
But Luxon said right now it's "not a focus".

Destiny Church leader Brian Tamaki today came out swinging too.
"You've got to wonder where his head space is, because a lot of churches pick up the mess that dysfunctional Governments leave in society," he said.
Tamaki said his church's social programmes are run without Government help and have a positive impact.
"When you think about it he's going to tax that or he's going to tax our income, I think that's what he's talking about. I'm going to send him a big bill at the end of every year charging all the cost that we're doing for free."

But you're not doing it free, are you. Your'e doing it using the funds fleeced from your flock...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Prove your charity outdoes your personal gains, you grifter...
(13-04-2024, 04:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Prove your charity outdoes your personal gains, you grifter...

That would be exceedingly interesting wouldn't it now... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)